• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

any1 from birmingham

raff113

I'm going to Aston Arena Sunday, there will be a few there racing all sorts. I'm from Wolves too but there aren't any organised stuff like that in Wolves that i know of. I usually have a bash over East Park in Bilston though as theres a cycle speedway track thats good for drfiting round ;)

Heres the link for Aston: http://www.astonarenaraceway.com/

I'm going to Aston Arena Sunday, there will be a few there racing all sorts. I'm from Wolves too but there aren't any organised stuff like that in Wolves that i know of. I usually have a bash over East Park in Bilston though as theres a cycle speedway track thats good for drfiting round ;)

Heres the link for Aston: http://www.astonarenaraceway.com/

See you there, i might be a little late as gonna be watching the boxing this morning.

That track layout looks great! Dont think my Savage would hold up very well on there haha. Currently running a ERCM modded LRP ZR.32 with an end bleed pipe. Looking to get a HPI RS4 Evo for on-road racing, or maybe a Losi D8T. Might pop up and bring the truck fo some off-track wheelies etc

That track layout looks great! Dont think my Savage would hold up very well on there haha. Currently running a ERCM modded LRP ZR.32 with an end bleed pipe. Looking to get a HPI RS4 Evo for on-road racing, or maybe a Losi D8T. Might pop up and bring the truck fo some off-track wheelies etc

Your Savage would be ok there, I took my Revo there that Sunday and gave them all a good run for there money but I do need a bit more practise lol. If you've got an electric model, Wed' evenings is great there as well, they organise races inside the leisure centre there, I race my brushless Revo, hopefully with some Slashes tomorrow

Edited by coolas4k

My Hong nor scrt is also ready for wednesday too, got the losi to race too.

Cannot believe how quick the esc and tenshock motor turned up from hong kong (FUNSHOBBY), Been busy soldering tonight but will have to test it all tomorrow.

Come down and have a look, some of the guys have been doing this for years so plenty of good advice of what rc to get.

Ticky

My Hong nor scrt is also ready for wednesday too, got the losi to race too.

Cannot believe how quick the esc and tenshock motor turned up from hong kong (FUNSHOBBY), Been busy soldering tonight but will have to test it all tomorrow.

Mate, I ordered a brushless conversion kit from Hong Kong for my Hyper 7 and it came within 3 days! They got some speedy postal services over there lol. Look forward to seeing your Hong nor in action later then mate

• Like 1

Cheers guys, will have to try and make my way down there. I dont drive so its a bit of a pain shifting my gear around. I have got some low profile tyres for my savage so could always put them on :hahadance:

Hahaha that video is great. That buggy keeps doing backflips and just causing carnage :tank:

EDIT: Sorry Ticky, didnt see that. I live by Spitfire island just by the fort

Edited by Hakka

Mate, I ordered a brushless conversion kit from Hong Kong for my Hyper 7 and it came within 3 days! They got some speedy postal services over there lol. Look forward to seeing your Hong nor in action later then mate

Hopefully you can pull the system from the revo and put it into the hyper and then you should be able to use all that power. What size pinion gear you going to run with the hyper

Hopefully you can pull the system from the revo and put it into the hyper and then you should be able to use all that power. What size pinion gear you going to run with the hyper

Not sure yet bud, I don't know what pinions are recommended to be fair, need to do some research. Have you got any idea? I am gonna use my MMM in it until I can afford to buy its own combo system

Aston is no more, we are currently looking into one or two new spots for indoor micro, buggy and short course racing. Will keep you guys updated once we find a suitable location.

Ticky

whats happened to aston mate?

whats happened to aston mate?

Aston arena management just too difficult to work with, actually impossible. Wanted too much money .

We have found another indoor place which we will be moving too next week will keep you updated.

Ticky

Has anyone tried campion hills in leamington spa? It's a bmx track but with some nice jumps

Has anyone tried campion hills in leamington spa? It's a bmx track but with some nice jumps

I use to work in leamington spa a few years ago, have you been to the bmx track recently.

Edited by ticky

whats it like, are there any spots on the track that get water lodge from the rain. Just checked the entrances all of them have gates so you would have to walk a bit to get to the track.

I am not sure how old the pictures are on google maps. Sometimes things change hence asking.

The bits that got flooded are now cemented so the water runs off them, and it's like a 50m walk if that (probs more 25 tbh)

Go to YouTube and search "ashleysmithsprojects" I put up a couple of bids of me and my mate having a bit of a bash (until I broke one of the cars)

Edited by ashleysmith