• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

(which) best engine for 99 percent alloy savage

stevokanevo

which would be the best engine for a 99 percent alloy savage , picco lrp axial , everyone will jump on and say any of them 3 as i assume myself a picco , but im thinking with the extra weight this savage has would a .36 not be better with extra weight as i dont understand these engines that much , so need some help

If you have a big heavy truck, then the Force .36 is a good shout. It's basically the same as the 5.9 motor HPI put in the XL.

If that doesn't appeal....you could try one of the new LRP Z32 motors .... all the power of a Z30 with a bit more!

http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/nitro-engines/18-offroad-engines/produkt/lrp-nitro-motor-zr32-spec2-pullstart/details/

Going to cost you a bit more than a Force motor though....expect to pay around the

The force .36 was the same cc as the k5.9 with a larger crankcase and better ports, When i fitted it into my savage engine mounts it cracked it in half that is just how massive the crank case is but that may have been down to an old engine mount but yeh it is a great motor. Id go with an lrp zr.32 though.....

ahh i seen your name says bmm , so is that a biast view

I've had nothing but good advice and service from BMM and have a force 36 in my heavy on ali savage and it suits it a treat , However the lrp is undoubtedly a better engine but to be fair to Brad you didn't post money no object as long as it's worth it until after he had posted , In the current economic climate his advice was good IMHO :thumbsup:

found the lrp .32 for 155 with 13 quid delivery , will that be a more powered engine than the force .36 if i go ahead and purchse then u reckon with all alloy on car

Yeah it'll be worth the extra :thumbsup:

wasnt sayin it wasnt matey or anything like that or sayin advice was bad , plus that bmm has bein goin in bolton as long as ive lived here i think i dont think id have a bad word ! i wwas just sayin as his name had bmm in itand thats where engine was for sale

ill push buy it now and get lrp , are they good for tuning as im a complete novice at rc cars i only built it as i ended up buyin the savage off a lad at work to fly around the car lot when we had no customers :) but ive ended up alloying the lot i dont know even if i done it all right , ill prob build it and have take it to bmm and get it runnig if im honest ,

stones ill send you link now matey

dunno if im allowed post links on here ?????? so will pm it you

Yeh if money is no object then the LRP is the better option to go for. I used to work at BMM hence that bit in my name, have gone to university now so for obvious reasons don't work there any more ;) I wasn't being biased, its just that I know we sold loads of them and never had any back! They hold a really good tune as well...