• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

peoples thoughts on a thunder tiger ts4n

Jacksprogis

there are spares on ebay, engine spares are a pig but modelzone of all places still stock the gasket sets

my ts4n runs a TT pro 18 engine with shaft start at the time i couldnt get a clutch bell for it so i turned down a tomahawk bell on the lathe to fit. mine is rapid but i do have the 2 speed kit

belts are standard parts but the tension cams do wear as there plastic

fitting bearings is a must

Seem alright cars, mate has 1 & 1/2 of them to sell but I don't want to go back to 1/10.

See reasonable quality, speed comes from the motor you stick in it, standard one's aren't too bad.

Spares seem to be available but the cars are old now - make sure you're getting a good deal,from what I've seen you can pick a 'rtr' up for 50 quid-ish.

had one and it was prety nippy. Handling was awful until I did the diffs with silicon diff oil. that cured it's tendancy to swap ends under braking all the time!

I only got rid as I was short of on-road places to run and just didn;t enjoy dodging the shoppers in Tesco's

• 2 weeks later...

i have 1, just dug it out the loft and starting to fix it up (which if i can do it must be damn easy) this was my 1st and only car very quick in my opinion, ive given mine quite a bashing and its still all good! not really any bad points imo, just need a good sized place to run it

• 10 years later...