• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Not today but Saturday, met Tug for a brief bash at a BMX track. I say brief, it was rained off just after Tug's Blitz died. Later on after coffee I returned to the track and proceeded to bash the snot out of the BLBMB on 3s until a rear shock top gave up. So decided to give Carnage a run, that eventually came to an end after first losing drive to the front wheels, then losing the front bumper and finally having a rod end bolt pull out of a steering knuckle. So I now have some cleaning and fixing to do..................................

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

I understand. It's a fine compromise. Strange if the shocks aren't threaded, you would have expected them to have some preload inserts.

Needs to be supple - not too hard - to maintain contact on some of the 'bobbly' / rougher stuff.

Al.

I'd like mine to be stiffer, I'll try the inserts and see if they can be clamped as wrighty has mentioned.

It's plenty of fun as it is but with some grippy tyres and better damping it would be better! Really need to go find somewhere to jump it.

I will be taking it down to my local 8th astro track next weekend but I know I won't get anywhere on wet astro with these tyres!!

Edited by bombercountynick

A successful day bashing at the local park. Even my sons Bugsta survived :o Same cant be said for my brothers new Dromida MT4.18. Broken bumper screw and front body post, which was most likely caused by my son who keep running it over and parking his Bugsta on it lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XV Pilot said:

Finished decalling this:

DSC06640_zpszciiljnu.jpg

All ready for the carnage of the 2017 season! :)

Love this!!

did you paint it yourself? 

TT-02 underneath? 

Edited by Daveyb84

Misleading that LandRover shell - looked much bigger!

For me, I have the Hot Racing springs on my X-Maxx, but only selected the RED through aesthetics.

I'd substantially increased the preload, once I found out they were the weakest, but decided - just now - to replace to the hardest, as mine's a heavy X-Maxx with all of the options, and have decreased the preload to compensate a little.

Seems fine, and lands flat when doing the 'drop test' as I call it - waist height. It did that before to be honest.

The rears required firming up with the heavy motor - now done.

Al.

16 minutes ago, Daveyb84 said:

Love this!!

did you paint it yourself? 

TT-02 underneath? 

Thanks!

It is one of the lightweight semi-printed shells from Killer Body:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/killer-body-light-weight-racing-body-190mm-type-a-blue-/rc-car-products/390061

Beneath it lies a venerable TT-01 chassis with budget 13.5t brushless power and a few mods to help the chassis hold together under race conditions. Alloy propshaft, ballraces, carbon chassis brace, etc. 

DSC04983_zpsfbaks0xs.jpg

One day I might change over to a TT-02, or even a TA-07 if I am feeling flush, but while TT-01 parts are still cheap and plentiful, I don't see any urgency. The car is fast enough for my skill level, robust, and fits well with my budget racing ethos.

• Like 1

Started getting the Quicrun 10BL60 prepped for installation in to the Hooligan. 

This required cutting the 3mm female connectors off the dead ESC from the badger, then soldering 4mm males onto the bare ends of the wires, this made 4mm to 3mm adaptors, thus negating the need to hack the 4mm females off the new ESC. Then I soldered the battery connectors. 

Next step, bind the new rx to my GT3B and calibrate the speedo.

5 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Would have ordered one for my Hooligan BL conversion but the Goolrc 3500kv waterproof combo was such a good price have ordered one. 

Wheres that from John?

3 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Well at least you know the Quicrun will work. :thumbsup:

Would have ordered one for my Hooligan BL conversion but the Goolrc 3500kv waterproof combo was such a good price have ordered one. 

John

Yeah, this is my second 10BL60, the first one is a cracker so it made sense to get this one. 

Noj and I were discussing those Gool kits, will defo be dropping the "Buy Hammer" on one at some point. The 8th scale stuff looks like a good buy too.