• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

16 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Nice when a plan comes together and looks good :good:

Thanks I’m extremely happy with the colour 😁 undecided whether to paint the rear part or leave them off for a tray back look 🤔

I've not been procrastinating about getting round to painting the body shell of the Rock Socker, instead after seeing how well the metal grill I made turned out, I decided to do more metal work, namely to replace both side windows and rear windows with painted metal mesh, as well as painted the metal grate of the snorkel cover to match the colour scheme I'm planning on using:

https://imgur.com/YOelY4Lhttps://imgur.com/YOelY4LMetalPartsPaintedForRockSocker.thumb.jpg.af14776e073d5169f9d64abccdd78d2b.jpg

I'll paint the body shell first before I cut out both side and rear windows to replace them with the red metal mesh that has been cut to size and shape.

Also added a pair of NOS tanks, again I'm not delaying, putting off or procrastinating getting the body shell painted, but everybody knows NOS tanks make your RCs go faster, besides the printer ink I really need won't be delivered until the 15th at the earliest if I'm lucky:

RockSockerWithNOSFitted.thumb.jpg.40bb14efb5400c5009560d49a697a756.jpg

RockSockerWithNOSFittedCloseUp.thumb.jpg.d0ad4cf0ef95851353c904fce38ee56b.jpg

The NOS tanks are just temporally held into place with unfastened cable ties.

Edited by Grogg
  • Like 3

@Grogg careful removing those windows. You might lose some structural integrity. And seeing as you are planning on running huge power it may end up on its roof alot leaving all that hard work and time wasted.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2023 at 13:19, RC4WD fan said:

Well seeing as it was supposed to be raining all day I painted the cragsman c raptor cab turned out the exact colour I was wanting 😁6005A0F7-AF79-4660-B7DC-680AD3990B29.thumb.jpeg.f6d4168952c10a7054c1b41f71d78e7c.jpeg

Highly approve of this as same colour as all my cars 🤣

• Haha 2

Another one of them days involving RC’s🙄 started sticking the stickers on the cragsman c one side is done then started the other side that’s when it went south I need to find another sticker sheet as the some ripped and missing the front window 🙄

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Ouch mate its crap when the stickers dont play ball 

Just looked around from what I can work out the front window is meant to be clear so I need to remove the paint from the front window and side windows somehow 🤔

7 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Somebody just did that in a thread using grafiti remover and cotton buds  but cant remember who tho 

I know who you are on about on the TRX4 thread 👍

4 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

It was Locky page 33 TRX4 thread

Yep but the stuff he used is no longer available in the uk 🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Have you tried flea bay ?

I have and Amazon only come up with desolvit sticky stuff remover there are other brands on graffiti cleaner/remover but don’t know if it will do any damage 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

If you have off cuts from another shell you could paint it and try another graffiti remover

I do and I could but had enough now everything I do it’s making a mess of it 😤 it really ticked me off I’m so close to throwing it out the window 🤣

Personally i wouldnt risk it. I hear you can use acetone too but that can leave the lexan misty.

You could buy some black vinyl, make a template and then stick it onto the window area. Mess up you can just try again.

Stick some masking tape over the window, trace the recess, take off the tape and pit it onto the vinyl and cut around.

EDIT: Hear nitro fuel works too. I just worry you have to be precise with the removal.

Edited by totlxtc
  • Thanks 1