• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Bashed my new KM Evo for the first time (it's been sitting in its box for a week). First impressions are that it is very fast with the supplied lipo's but the steering servo will not centre properly but it will do for now. Supplied tyres have no grip at all even on tarmac and these will be changed soon.

I was having fun sliding about everywhere, there is so much power, till after a gentle roll one of the back wheels came off(axial pin came out) and I was running on short grass at the time but couldn't believe my luck, I found it!

Thread locked it back in ready to bash again tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll get a vid up soon.

Stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the Firestorm diff in an attempt to cure the phantom clicking noise that has suddenly apleated. Failed. The clicking continues :( I think I'll go with plan B - bash it til it breaks then replace it :D

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 1

Got around to fitting my Boom Racing steering assembly on the Yeti, it has actually improved it by a fair bit!

Also hammered the axle straight and took it for a couple of packs.

Bashed my new KM Evo for the first time (it's been sitting in its box for a week). First impressions are that it is very fast with the supplied lipo's but the steering servo will not centre properly but it will do for now. Supplied tyres have no grip at all even on tarmac and these will be changed soon.
I was having fun sliding about everywhere, there is so much power, till after a gentle roll one of the back wheels came off(axial pin came out) and I was running on short grass at the time but couldn't believe my luck, I found it!
Thread locked it back in ready to bash again tomorrow.
Hopefully I'll get a vid up soon.

Axle extenders and some cable ties round the axles will mean your pins never ever come out again :)

• Like 1

Used my new favourite general adhesive - Gorilla glue - to secure a couple of plastic backing plates, then once set (yesterday - needs 24 hours), then progressively drilled 1, then 3, 5 mm holes in readiness for lights - in the 1/16 Grave Digger shell.

Al.

Edited by atom3624

Today I will be scratching my head as to how to rebuild a pull start. Most things I do myself, just cannot figure this one out. Doh!

Stage 1: Order Brushless conversion kit, ESC, Motor, Lipos and Charger.

Stage 2: Remove and sell all Internal Combustion related components,

Stage 3: Fit Brushless conversion kit, ESC and Motor.

Stage 4: Charge Lipos. 

Stage 5: Fit Lipos.

Stage 6: Bash happy.

• Like 1

did some soldering for the first time placing the bullet connectors on to my new Turnigy esc for the losi mini 8ight :xd:  And yes I did burn myself !!!!

Which colours represent the A B C on the esc from the motor? i.e A= red B= yellow C= green but the motor cable is red, black and white?

Just waiting on the deans connectors and the new leopard motor to arrive :-)    

Edited by RCbob

did some soldering for the first time placing the bullet connectors on to my new Turnigy esc for the losi mini 8ight :xd: And yes I did burn myself !!!!

Which colours represent the A B C on the esc from the motor? i.e A= red B= yellow C= green but the motor cable is red, black and white?

Colours only matter if it's a sensored system.

did some soldering for the first time placing the bullet connectors on to my new Turnigy esc for the losi mini 8ight :xd: And yes I did burn myself !!!!

Plug 'em in, if it goes in reverse switch any two wires around.

Luxembourg, my 1480kv Leopard decides to disassemble itself while we're miles from home! I looked at the spare motor sat on the side at home, but figured "meh, how often do BL motors fail?". Managed to re-assemble it, seems OK.

Bashed them. Hard. Aqro**** threw a wheel nut. Against all odds I found it. Miper v3.0 was only halted by my shoddy soldering. Cloddy ran faultlessly. Bugsy pulled bolts out of the front uprights. PW pulled a bolt from the rear tower. The Surge MT is the true weak link in my fleet, cheap FTX cheese. Yes Evvsssv you told me so.