• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

I've put the bed on it tonight, I've also added some of the little extras under the bed and made a custom box for the ESC, LED board etc.... To live in, now it all actually fits, it didn't before... May make a custom battery box too.
I'm 99% sure I'm going to run this without the sides and the back... I just prefer it somehow, it also leaves scope for more potential things to be on the back and also be actually visible to people without having to look into the bed.
What will go on there? I'm not yet sure.
I may end up just buying a tarp for it and putting some fake 'shapes' under the tarp, you'll never see the items but it should look to scale.
Also potentially thinking about some spotlights on the roof as well and maybe on the bed at the rear (one big one that rotates 360) but I'm still unsure yet, I have an idea in mind that should work, but don't know.
Time will tell... I actually just ordered the new system today as well.
Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster 35T motor and Holmes Hobbies BR-XL ESC, motor may seem a little fast when the current one is a 60T but I want the option of a little bit of wheelspeed, especially if I decide to run on 4s. (which I might have to try just for giggles)
(ignore the wire, the LEDs need to be plugged in again)

IMG_4101_zpsa8672b9c.jpg

• Like 1

A poor mesh is the most likely culprit. Too loose most likely.

You cant alter the mesh on these mate. Have stripped it down and checked all bearings, bolts, clutch etc and everything looks fine. Could it have been caused by "on throttle landings"?

Yup. One that melted was one of the ones in the kit (also comes with spare) I ran it for around 30-45 mins from new with the ss exhaust and when i was adding the hop ups the other night i checked the spur over and it was like new. Only different thing that "could" affect it is the new pipe as it gives more power but surely not that much. Guys at Model Sport said they had never seen one strip/melt like that.....guess im just special!!

Well, it was an expensive day today. The inner bearing went on my Dynamite .19 in my Jato, locked the engine up and had metal shards on the piston. I also put a hole in the block of my 3.3 when my Rustler landed upside down, that's now my 3rd engine to get a hole in the block.

Lol u got the right gears I put some hpi ones in a hyper once looked the same but was jammed solid

Tbh mate, I have no idea at all anymore, lol! As I got them, missing the under crown gear shims but with double spider gear shims (and little oil) they were smooth. Correctly shimmed, they suck.

Confused, to say the least?!?!?

34zd0s1.jpg

20foxzc.jpg

Broke it!! The front bumper did not come with any fitting instructions so i can only presume ive fitted it right as using common sense and logic i cant see it fitting any other way. It uses the stock screws but they were too short so raided my toolbox and found some longer ones but the first bump (and fairly low speed) its pulled the tappers out and broken the plastic front brace. Could anyone tell me:

1) have i fitted it correctly?

2) if yes to above, any solutions to cure this?

I even put a fairly thick tie wrap on as added bracing but still the screws popped out! Or should i give up and keep it just for show and get a "better" alternative? I have considered drilling down through the plastic skid plate where the tappers screw into and use a longer bolt and nut combo?

Edited by YORKSHIRENEO

34zd0s1.jpg

20foxzc.jpg

Broke it!! The front bumper did not come with any fitting instructions so i can only presume ive fitted it right as using common sense and logic i cant see it fitting any other way. It uses the stock screws but they were too short so raided my toolbox and found some longer ones but the first bump (and fairly low speed) its pulled the tappers out and broken the plastic front brace. Could anyone tell me:

I even put a fairly thick tie wrap on as added bracing but still the screws popped out! Or should i give up and keep it just for show and get a "better" alternative? I have considered drilling down through the plastic skid plate where the tappers screw into and use a longer bolt and nut combo?

Ally don't flex, I'd fit an RPM.

• Like 1

34zd0s1.jpg

20foxzc.jpg

Get rid of the crappy alloy bumpers and get something on there that will flex.

Either Uber or RPM :) Igloo do one but apparently isn't very strong.

• Like 1

After fixing a rear diff yesterday the revo didn't even get through a pair of lipos this morning before the erbe blew a diff bearing. Fixed again now but thoroughly fed up of it. Going to flog the erbe to go towards a dji phantom. Anyone want to make me an offer?

Today was better, i didnt use the erbe but i beat the snot out of my truggy flux on a concrete skate park, very unforgiving surface to do mahoosive back flips, surprise surprise i snapped another suspension holder, deciding i didnt want to buy yet another set i set about making my own out of toughened steel,

WP_20140824_001.jpg

This stuff is tough, i mean, really tough, its thin but it doesnt bend and drilling it is a nightmare, it took an hour or so and it aint pretty but its in:

WP_20140824_005.jpg

happy days!!

Edited by RevoMikey

Drove the 7 in the back garden as I'm home with my Mini-me's today. My son rammed his BSD buggy into the 7 and ripped a screw out of his hub carrier. The 7 is built like a truck, now I'm thinking about getting a 1:8 for my son...