• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Made some upper links for crawler, snapped a drill bit by going too quick into the aluminium.  Fitted rod ends and found that my silly short links idea on the front results in too much of an angle for the rod ends.  Time for a re-think.

Solved it... grabbed some pliers and bent the chassis where the links attach.  Starting to like this steel tube chassis.

sounds like quite a big pinion (thinking about my D8 on a 15t geared for 65mph)

yeh on my mates hyper 7, he is using a 15t too, only because i didnt have a bigger pinion to lend him. might just tell him to stay with 15t in case bigger pinion might fry the esc

A 2000kv hobbywing one running 19t pinion.

Lipo was a brand new 45-90c 5000mah turnigy nano tech

Thought you bought the combo.

Right that all sounds fine and as you said temps were fine so I think you was just unlucky.

I use to run a 20t pinion on my Hyper 7's with a 1515 2200kv motor for 4s running with the Wp Sc8.

In my current Hyper St im running a 2320kv motor with the Wp Sc8 on 4s, With a 22t pinion and a 48t spur I think (need to double check but I fit the smaller spur over the standard 52t I think it is).

Thanks.

If i was just unlucky i'm not risking it a second time.

I'll be going for something that gives me a bit more breathing space. As i've only heard good things about the new Quicrun, i'll be ordering one at the end of next week.

Gave my brushless Losi 8T a quick test at lunch time :). Hobbywing 150A with 2200kv. On 4s it just wants to wheelie everywhere and got no brakes so need to fiddle with ESC and TX settings. Have to wait till after work :(

Also going for a bash after work so got the Slash 4x4, Losi 8e & 8Te in the boot  :thumbsup:

If i was just unlucky i'm not risking it a second time.

I'll be going for something that gives me a bit more breathing space. As i've only heard good things about the new Quicrun, i'll be ordering one at the end of next week.

Yeah thats fair enough, the Wp Sc8 is a good esc and loads of people have them its just sometimes in life you even get a 'bad one' with the best of stuff out there.

A non faulty Wp Sc8 is up to the job speaking from experience, look at the Flux Blur esc, Castle MMM esc and how many years they have been around and what they are running they are only 120a.

Ive had a good look in person and seen it in use the new Hobbywing Quicrun Wp 150a esc, atleast with one of these you can run upto 6s.

Thanks.

Gave the rear shocks, arms, mudguards a bit of a clean, and put them onto new 5SC hub carriers, with a new SS diff, Darksoul meaty bones and cups, with Hostile boots.

Hope they hold up to the hype.

IMG_3414_zps58fee4e0.jpg

Also, yes I am aware the diff is sat the wrong way round in the picture.

Edited by Oh How Original

Went Badger flying. I need to adjust the diff, possibly rebuild it. I also want to re-progamme the ESC which is gonna be a headache seeing as the RX is hidden.

Dave still has some (DDM) he's the only person who is allowed to sell them now Terry was saying.

I want one in future like, thankfully I can order from DDM with no customs charges.

How come no custom charges mate?