• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Charged my lipos! New power supply arrived.

ebube6yt.jpg

Nice mate.

I have the single outlet 200W power supply - same maker.

I use a Hobbyking Quattro 4x6 - works perfectly, even LiFe.

A decent charger does make life a lot easier!!

Al.

Broke the front bearing carrier, castor block and bent the pin that goes through them on the Rustler

Went and bought some replacements from Modelsport

Bought & then stuck some Pro-line Dirt Hawgs on the rear

Grip - Hallelujah! :P

Edited by BeeB

Yeah, I love the charger, it copes with 2 batteries up to 10A each but my 47A converted Server PSU electrocuted me, so this is the new one.

The charger will charge anything including 12v lead acid!

I use two of those PSUs you're referring to, I wouldn't mind PAT testing yours.

PAT testing it? Why?

I'm curious as to why you got a belt off it. They're not double insulated, so any leakage should've gone to earth, not you. Unless your PSU has lost it's earth?

Ah, the old one! I thought you meant the new one! It was shorted somewhere, looked like one of the copper wound ferrite rings as it had melted the lacquer on the pcb. I tested it with my multimeter and almost every soldered element had 240v across it. Even the heatsink was live!!!

Ah, the old one! I thought you meant the new one! It was shorted somewhere, looked like one of the copper wound ferrite rings as it had melted the lacquer on the pcb. I tested it with my multimeter and almost every soldered element had 240v across it. Even the heatsink was live!!!

Fair enough.

Back to topic, I say!

Actually it wouldn't... That kind of paint on bodyposts will look completely different, where as nail varnish in the correct shade will look identical.

I've done it, so I know how it turns out :)

Ah, well I bow to your experience.

Coulda said that before I made an ass of myself lol

Haha, it's okay chap, we all live and learn :P at least others now know it works well too... Does look a bit dodgy though a young lad buying nail varnish :lol:

Not in Brighton, I've heard.

• Like 1

what happened

..anyway

had a fun evenings racing the 12th after a couple weeks missing out due to hospital, managed a 9.11 lap which is really quick for me, but most of all i was driving far cleaner and more consistent than previous.

now back to building my mi5 

Practice - 1 lap - rear diff cup failure. Repaired and got back to track as time ran out. Race 1 - 2 laps - car cuts out Race 2 - turnbuckles fail so max camber Race 3 - started off well, car kicked up off a bump in main straight and flipped. Front driveshaft popped Final B - 5 minute mark - turnbuckles fail AGAIN. Raced until 22 minutes and couldn't bare the handling anymore. The track was very very rough due to the dry weather. Needs some work for sure. It'll be back to its smooth self again though Random snap from Final A sy5uhemy.jpg

Edited by RoryW
  • Like 1

Discovered yet another fault that the former owner on the 8ight didn't say to me about .... Bent shock shaft ...  Pita :lol:

Put summit tyres on the slash

Got my LPE running

Did My mod to the rear of the scout shed thats sold . 

Still working now ..

Jack.