• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

ran my brushless truggy project today for the first time and it goes like hell, the motor gets abit hot thou.

would a heat sink bring the motor temps down and how hot can a brushless motor get. This is the truggy:

Get an IR temp gun, dirt cheap and invaluable for leccy RC.

Motors shouldn't exceed 82 Celsius.

Hardened steel spur and pinion just arrived from the states for the mini 8ight! Will hopefully get to fit them today, if they last longer than 2 packs then its a success lol

image_zps2d087ea6.jpg

Where were you last night? I was itchin to get out!

Got my vantage lower suspension arms in, got 3 spare (one needs to go on the car) should be enough for a race day i reckon lol 

was also meant to get a 20t pinion and some other bits but they are back ordered :/

Edited by PurcyP

Yea true, air brushing for perfectionists i suppose

Amen to that, it's the only way to go.

I really need to invest in one again and buy the correct type of paint this time round.

Hardened steel spur and pinion just arrived from the states for the mini 8ight! Will hopefully get to fit them today, if they last longer than 2 packs then its a success lol

image_zps2d087ea6.jpg

You managed to strip them? Are you running on 3s?

You managed to strip them? Are you running on 3s?

Yup, been through a few! Checked mesh and slipper, both spot on. Been running mainly on 2S, I wonder if its because its had most of its use in the garden, it's not massive so perhaps the constant WOT to braking is putting too much load through the stock spurs?!

I soaked the front shock tower of the turnigy buggy in nailpolish remover over night. I'd superglued some plexiglass onto it cause I'd broke it, but the plexiglass broke too :shockingscary: .

Yup, been through a few! Checked mesh and slipper, both spot on. Been running mainly on 2S, I wonder if its because its had most of its use in the garden, it's not massive so perhaps the constant WOT to braking is putting too much load through the stock spurs?!

That's quite surprising, I've not heard of money people stripping them on 2s, especially if you've already checked the slipped and the mesh.

I've ran quite a few packs through mine on 2s and it's been absolutely spot on.

Unless you've landed with a bit of power on without realising it?

That's quite surprising, I've not heard of money people stripping them on 2s, especially if you've already checked the slipped and the mesh.

I've ran quite a few packs through mine on 2s and it's been absolutely spot on.

Unless you've landed with a bit of power on without realising it?

Yup that's possible too! I could also have been unlucky and got a small stone stuck in there each time, but I think that's unlikely as they're relatively well hidden. It gets a lot of use, it runs almost ever day even the girlfriend has been having a go! We'll see how these new parts hold up tho :)

Yup that's possible too! I could also have been unlucky and got a small stone stuck in there each time, but I think that's unlikely as they're relatively well hidden. It gets a lot of use, it runs almost ever day even the girlfriend has been having a go! We'll see how these new parts hold up tho :)

They're actually a lot more exposed than you think, they get stones in very very easily.

I'd suggest you buy the same upgrade as I'm buying next, spur/pinion cover :) works wonders for keeping stones out! - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Losi-Mini-8ight-Spur-Pinion-Gear-Cover-w-Screws-DP-702-White-/400511638202

On a note of what I've done, received my Spektrum DX6i finally and fit my carbon fibre steering link on the Mini 8ight.

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

Its the stock pinion that strips the spur gear.Made out of a mild cheddar i think!

The plastic spur wears the pinion then strips....replacing the pinion to a hard steel one sorts it...hence why Oh How Originals does not strip ;)

Its the stock pinion that strips the spur gear.Made out of a mild cheddar i think!

The plastic spur wears the pinion then strips....replacing the pinion to a hard steel one sorts it...hence why Oh How Originals does not strip ;)

Thanks for the help and tips guys, but i have another issue now! :(

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/175109-my-mini-8ight-woes-continue/#entry1781362

Edited by James1986