• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Just been visited by the postman who brought me a complete front end for an FG Monster Beetle pro .... and a new headkit from Rob at IRC. The rest of today will be spent in the shed fitting all this stuff ready for tomorrow when it's supposed to stop raining......

The FG parts were a bargain. A little tatty...but all usable....in exchange for my surplus rear end parts. Got to rebuild the shocks though!

Today I stripped out the front and rear diffs from the E Maxx to fit a new seal kit and re-fill. Fitted new boots on the sliding driveshafts and new boots over the pivot balls. All ready for the white stuff if it comes.

I have charged my batteries so I can go out tomorrow and have some fun. Hopefully the rain will stop.

I have also compared my step sons savage flux to my savage flux xl (the daddy), my one is better.

Edited by Dadon

Today..I turned my Monster Beelte into a Monster Beetle Pro!

Picked up acheap front end complete for a Monster, which included everything I thought I would need, including the longer axles and hubs to geta bit more front clearance.

Fitted most of it today..... with just a few snags to sort out.

1) One of the 4 shocks was bent.

Not a problem. There was a full set of 4 adjustable ones on sale in the For Sale section....so I have bought those. Will give me a full set plus spare. I have just about straightened the shaft...but I don;t trust a bent shaft.....it isn;t perfectly straight and besides..I needed to buy at least 2 more shocks to double up the rear end!

2) The front hubs refused to play! I new the hubs on the parts I bought were shot as they had been cable tied... but I was going to bin them anyway and use the ones I already had. For some reason...after I bolted it all up, I noticed both front axles were VERY stiff. I also discovered one of the hubs had stripped it's thread too... Then I tried to remove the front axle....and the circlip wll not budge. It feels like it's been glued on! I mean....screwdriver on the end and hit it with a hammer and it won;t move tight.... Should just lever off, but nope. Going to throw some heat on it...and if that fails, will dremel it.

Ordered some alloy hubs anyway. It's a good excuse to fit them :) Gone for a set of the MadMax ones from China, as they are 2-piece designs like the genuine upgrade, and look to be better made than some of the really cheap stuff.

Also need to sort out a mount for the cable discs. I can see where the thing should mount....but it makes for a very bad pull from the servo, as it would require bending the rod. Not going to have that...so I need to make a bracket up. Then I will make myself a set of side plates and fix up the rollcage. Previous owner has removed the lower cross brace.....so I am going to weld up a metal section

I took my savage for a run. Finally looks like a properly used truck.

20121125170942.jpg

20121125171106.jpg

20121125171132.jpg

I see we live in the same town, where do you run your cars? All the open spaces i know of have dog crap everywhere.

dadon you wanna se my savage flux,ive only had it from new 4 days and its plasterd!!

today i manage to brake a wishbone on my flux(fell out with a curb)so i nicked one of my nitro savage with a nackerd engine.

then when that was fixxed i burnt the slipper out completly so nicked one of the nitro.

i then decided to take the plunge and take my esc apart and dunk it in plastidip(first time i done this so hope it works)

now its already for the snow and big puddles

Good on you ant.

Today I have set my Blur ESC with field card for better performance and brakes.

Then I have installed CC link soft and changed everything I did with card so now work even better.

10.23PM tonight I was outside my house doing drug runs and brakes on the street. I had a big grin on my face!!!