• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Replaced stripped spur on savage waiting on clutch bell bearings. Stripped diff down to take to shop to find none of the teeth missing on one of the cogs. I'm sure one was missing last week. Weird!!!!!!!

Stripped, cleaned, checked and rebuilt the Rustler.

Fitted RPM front & rear carriers & caster blocks and Traxxas alloy steering linckage, some Traxxas red alloy wheelie bar wheels (because I'm a tart :004: ) and a set ofDirt Hawgs.

Currently waiting for the postman to bring me my driveshafts with steel yokes so I can got and try it :rc_car:

Finished painted the shell for my hyper 9.

A rather interesting choice of colours but that's what happens when your new to painting and buy online ;)

20120304_201946.jpg

20120304_202019.jpg

Just need to sort the colour for the white wing now

lol.

• Like 1

Looked at it, .then looked outside at the very wet ground and rain and though I am not going to take it out

So I gave one a quick clean and cleaned and reoiled the air filter.

And on the other rebuild the frount shocks and looked at the backones

Finished painted the shell for my hyper 9.

A rather interesting choice of colours but that's what happens when your new to painting and buy online ;)

20120304_201946.jpg

20120304_202019.jpg

Just need to sort the colour for the white wing now

lol.

Thats a brill paint job for your first time! - i rushed my first paint job put the paint on too thick

got any pics of what the after math looks like lol

Nah sorry! It got cleaned up as soon as I got home.

Today I messed the Storm up bad. A sapling jumped out on it whilst at full pelt. Result: Snapped front bulkhead and bent turnbuckle. There's pics over in the Firestorm thread of the damage.

Edited by Stalker

Nah sorry! It got cleaned up as soon as I got home.

Today I messed the Storm up bad. A sapling jumped out on it whilst at full pelt. Result: Snapped front bulkhead and bent turnbuckle. There's pics over in the Firestorm thread of the damage.

Ouch mate that's not good can you post a link to firestorm thread ? good to clean your car so fast lol

Thats a brill paint job for your first time! - i rushed my first paint job put the paint on too thick

Thanks mate, It's not the first one I've done but the first one I did was only 2 weeks ago and this was my second attempt. Really pleased with it in day light. I think I'm getting the shell painting bug :D

Waterproofed the esc, motor and receiver on my blast then went to chance the programming on the esc. Ah! I that's why people put the receiver in a bag :(

Everyday is a school day :lol:

Edited by Nick280

Dug the rear end in and flipped it at speed, ended up smashing the NSR hub to pieces. So gave myself an excuse to upgrade to these:

• Edit HB Lightning Series Hard Anodised Rear Toe-in Bracket (54mm)
  • Edit HB Lightning Series Hard Anodised Rear Hubs (2 Degree)

Belted the DirtHawgs on the Rustler to stop them ballooning at speed, and tried some slightly thicker silicoke oil in the shocks.

Haven't had a chance to try it though...

Thanks mate, It's not the first one I've done but the first one I did was only 2 weeks ago and this was my second attempt. Really pleased with it in day light. I think I'm getting the shell painting bug :D

haha i was thinking that but im into racing now and some paint jobs are very nice i can't match up to some of them so my next shell will be done professionally :)

<p>

haha i was thinking that but im into racing now and some paint jobs are very nice i can't match up to some of them so my next shell will be done professionally :)

I'll never be an airbrusher either but for a pipe fitting mechanic, I done good even if I say so myself :lol: Anyway, Glued my Proline Badlands into my Proline Velocity V2 rims :D20120306_211122.jpg

Edited by Nick280