• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Fitted a period-correct genuine Tamiya wing set to my F103 15th Anniversary edition F1 chassis. Been looking for one for ages!

• Like 1

Today I spent 3 whole (accumulated) hours on the Lunchie!

Finished cleaning it.

Fitted ballraces in the transmission, & greased the cogs. 

(I'd already done the wheel bearings)

Fitted the new Torque Tuned motor.

Almost finished the 5th shock mod.

(Waiting for the little bracket to go at the top)

Fitted the extended/big wheels wheelie bar.

Removed the old electrics (msc, receiver, servo)

Trial fitted the receiver.

Wondered how on earth I'll ever fit the rest of the new electrics when they arrive! :@.@:

2017-08-30 17.02.35.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Gave the Pro-MT a run... Realised just how overpowered it is.

WP SC8 is definitely needed sooner rather than later!

Changing the esc won't make any difference, the esc only give the motor what it needs....

15 minutes ago, Bix said:

Repaired the holes I made at the weekend :( remembered why I don't run on tarmac!

IMG_8563.thumb.JPG.63a7d61214d80e58492b6c1fb5e2a9ba.JPG

And to stop it happening again fitted some Badlands which will keep me well and truly on the dirt and muddy stuff :good:

IMG_8565.thumb.JPG.747ae96315ddbefe7b1d31dd571b37f0.JPGIMG_8566.thumb.JPG.47d78da99ba8bf565297dad3413e0dc7.JPG

This looks awesome love the shell

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Wait until you need to completely remove the ESC one day... Assuming you use the on/off switch mount provided... You have to take the whole transmission out :lol: 

Sounds ominous since I haven't yet fitted the ESC but all the transmission's in! :lol: 

Not sure if they're changed the design but it seems like it'll go in (and come out) without having to touch any of the running gear?

2 minutes ago, James1986 said:

Sounds ominous since I haven't yet fitted the ESC but all the transmission's in! :lol: 

Not sure if they're changed the design but it seems like it'll go in (and come out) without having to touch any of the running gear?

The ESC will do, but the on/off button doesn't fit through the gap between the battery tray and transmission :P well, the standard Castle one doesn't anyway, and even if you loosen the transmission the gap still isn't big enough lol, it's a really annoying design flaw!

17 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

The ESC will do, but the on/off button doesn't fit through the gap between the battery tray and transmission :P well, the standard Castle one doesn't anyway, and even if you loosen the transmission the gap still isn't big enough lol, it's a really annoying design flaw!

Aaah gotcha. I'll be using a hobby wing which I think has a MASSIVE switch. Could be an issue :lol: i'll soon find out! 

Got home late but stayed up long enough for the postman to drop 2 parcels in. A new ESC and shock brackets. I'm supposed to be in bed now but decided to trial fit the mysterious (to me) electrics together. 

Unbelievably it all works, but in reverse of what it should.

I'm going to bed, goodnight/morning! :anime:

• Like 3