• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Several long stories of my soldering woes which came good, so won't repeat!

HobbyKing 90C ROAR 5Ah 4S Graphene batteries charged up.

One was at 15.0V the other 15.3V.

Latter stormed around to 16.8V, the first one obviously a little more - both reached 16.80C no problem, then ... a little video - similar to last week's 6S one.

I inserted a piece of plastic bag under the retaining brace as the cables are plug-in - better safe ...

VIDEO - Brief but Violent enough!! I think the difference is obvious, and the power HUGE!

Al.

• Like 2

In fairness, there are a couple of things:

Very short run time.

Relatively too small area.

Last week's blast was using batteries I regard very highly anyway - Nanotech 65-130C's

Having said that, I think the difference was obvious! They seem great - no problems.

ONLY JUST fit in the X-Maxx tray, but nice!!

Al.

• Like 1

I think I'd get banned by the Park Keeper immediately!!

Tempted, but there's a match on now, F1 later ... I'll have a think about it (I wasn't going to post a video at all originally then look what happened!)

Agreed, I'm keen to see how fast it'll go - my guess is VERY!!

Al.

33 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

In fairness, there are a couple of things:

Very short run time.

Relatively too small area.

Last week's blast was using batteries I regard very highly anyway - Nanotech 65-130C's

Having said that, I think the difference was obvious! They seem great - no problems.

ONLY JUST fit in the X-Maxx tray, but nice!!

Al.

My charger only discharges at 0.4A with these batteries - I think it was 0.3A for the 3S so it'll be a while to get to storage voltage!

That said, there's 0.1V between the 2 batteries after 2 hours - 16.01 / 16.00 V.

I think that's a good sign.

Al.

Cleaned my F1 after yesterday's fun. In all the excitement I forgot to look at the results to see where I came overall, but I suspect it was 3rd again. Not bad going for the oldest car in the field, and the only one on NiMH power! :)

Cleaned up the blitz and the Carisma M40DT, then found an unopened Tamiya M-05 mini, bought this a couple of years ago, Margaret my wife wanted it, I wanted the Blitz so of course she had to have it, I just have never got round to building it.

Having just ordered the M-05 Pro 2R I think I had better build it before I start on the new one

Mini in box.jpg

Me & our little sod beat the crap out of our bad bug & nitro circus mmt on the beach at hafan y mor beach. Theres some narural jumps off the rocks :) . Lost 2 body pins & maybe buggered a diff in mini mayhems mmt.  Pretty good seeing as the abuse they got. Got back to the flat, popped the rx"s out & showered em down & they run fine. Except the grinding noise from the mmt :/

• Like 1

designed a new rear upper arm for the pirate 10, as a little low speed run around the back garden at the weekend highlighted a weak repair from a previous owner and that coupled with me having to run 84/80 mm rear dogbones meant the threaded part only had about 5mm in the main arm body.

So spent 15 mins on designspark mechanical and have come up with a chunky alternative.

This covers the standard part size, but considering extending the wheel end of the arm by 5mm to give the threaded turn buckle part more support.

Hopefully will get test print sorted this week.

29cc4aa1b8c2e7fc8bfdf6a36ebb1cbf.jpg

9d228d49c5dd1ced8eea6ce57e562a8d.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yesterday I fitted the 3500kv Radient Reaktor can to BLBB. Then gave it a quick bash to test it. I think I now have BLBB set up in exactly the way I want it. 

Drove it around at work with a leaflet dispenser attached to the rear wing, helping to advertise a RC-related fundraiser for Children in Need that a colleague is organising.

• Like 3