• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Went Badger flying. Also did some Badger gymnastics (Cartwheels, tumbles, flips etc). That lil beast is incredible. Crazy fast, seemingly bombproof and hilarious. Brushless tech really teaches you good throttle control, full bore launches on tarmac tended to leave BB on it's roof! I've got to find the sweet spot between front wheels on the ground and the motor guard scraping the floor lol

Bodged a temporary fix on the dud Carnage driveshaft. The pin at the wheel end had sheared so I was in the process of going RWD but realised I could replace the broken pin with the straight bit from a body clip. Will report on it's progress. After that I stripped the back end down in order to replace this:

20140314_213222-1.jpg

Just a bit chewed lol

I also measured the wheel and slipper clutch bearings in preparation for replacement with rubber shielded units when Carnage goes BL.

Finally I added a bit more bling to the shell:

20140314_212634.jpg

Convinced my jigsaw 6mm aluminium wasn't too much and rough cut some lower suspension links. Filed one into shape and started second but ran out of light.

Gave Carnage and BB a good bashing. My bodgeneering on the Carnage driveshaft didn't last long, defo need new shafts. Mind you a brushed Carnage on 2s with 2wd is rather amusing! 

Almost as amusing as a brushless Baby Badger on 2s. I just wish the rear tyres would stay put:

20140315_133824.jpg