• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

I found out that you can't reverse the direction of a 'sensored' motor combo by switching two of the wires.

Hope I have't damaged it :(

What ESC combo is it?

I thought that the sensor cable is just for sensing rather than anything so would not expect damage.

What ESC combo is it?

I thought that the sensor cable is just for sensing rather than anything so would not expect damage.

It's an 11.5t version of the 13.5t one I have in my TT-01 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=22599

Thinking of how it behaved it was like it was going backwards and forwards between a motor turn really rapidly (sounded like cogging).

It was running fine but backwards (full speed in reverse, 20% forward) so I resoldered two of the cables like I've done on sensorless combos before.

I'll have a good look over the weekend. Fingers crossed for me!

Edited by Zardoz

One speed pass with the storm resulted in this 

Yes its disgustingly slow even on 3s ... Nearly fell asleep ...  Motor problems, Major Lag . 

I can only be that as the batteries are perfectly rated and its on my 4Pl 

20130705_131252_zps64596c5a.jpg

Motor bearing fail ... Resulted in a dead Spur ..

The ****storm continues aha 

The sooner I get it run over By Noj's Bl 5ive the better .

Jack.

Shame about the spur Richard, have to get a video of that running 3s :)

I haven't done anything today, split the Hubsan down for spares after crashing it badly last night, ordered a new one though, so should be here soon, along with hopefully my motor/esc for the drifter.

Taking too long :(

Edited by Oh How Original

So would I if it fit somewhere else!

Loads of room the Slash 4x4 has quite a lot of space and is one of the easiest to move things around on.

Move your current rx box up the front of the chassis and put the esc where the original esc and rx box was, straight forward five minute job.

Or get one of these which will fit straight onto the front of the chassis:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-receiver-box-stampede-rustler-bandit/rc-car-products/33252

Thanks.

Theres a video on Youtube now!

that's cool,

maybe a steel spur would help but you might strip your pinion then

Not sure if it's always how you drive chap but you'll find it a lot easier if you steer a bit smoother instead of flicking the wheel :)

Its not at all how I drive mate, just haven't set the steering up properly yet and its a narrow street, was just flicking it back to a straight line!

Its not at all how I drive mate, just haven't set the steering up properly yet and its a narrow street, was just flicking it back to a straight line!

Fair play dude, I knew someone who used to do it like that and showed him the smoother approach and he drove waaay better :P

How you liking it with the new leccys?