• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

7evaqa7u.jpg

Got my goodies!

Heatshrink.

5.5 Castle bullets.

2 turnigy 3s 5000 lipos.

160A Turnigy ESC

Turnigy Trackstar 6 pole 2650Kv motor

Programming box for esc

Vapextech 6.6v LiFe RX battery for the nitro.

Ansmann wheels for street fun with the slash.

Unfortunately, the vxl motor pinion doesnt fit the 5mm trackstar shaft. Anyone know/can link to the correct one?

Took the vxl apart to see if the magnets had de-bonded. Found this!!!

ypurabeb.jpg

How long did you have to wait for the motor/esc? I've been waiting since the 14th :(

STARTED A PROTOTYPE 

have 4x langspant cut and ready to glue as laminate in cardboard

have enough superglue to make the subframe and glue all spans and templates.

i give it around another 48-72hrs and i should have a prototyped RC offshore catamaran model from stiff card

it has a hull length of 39cm and a top deck to bottom hull of 4 cm. max hight with a canopy is 8cm high.

Lookin scherweet!

Afters. After this, I PROMISE to get a basher. No more upgrade parts available for my chassis. Fully upgrades so will need a new project

Afters. After this, I PROMISE to get a basher. No more upgrade parts available for my chassis. Fully upgrades so will need a new project

Look forward to this, what do you think you'll get?

Nooo ideas but going to be electric. Thinking a Wraith since my mates one was quite fun. Dont need anything massive for now.

Nooo ideas but going to be electric. Thinking a Wraith since my mates one was quite fun. Dont need anything massive for now.

Not a crawlerzzzzz............

Rule of thumb; if you can walk faster than the model, walk away!

Sits back and waits for the backlash.

• Like 1

Get a pan car and be a rug racer! 

I soldered some right angle bullets for my 1s lipos for flush fit in my 12th pan 

very neat n tidy for someone who shakes like a mother

1016150_10153025480765574_2128609164_n.j

945353_10153025480395574_1341967710_n.jp

Not a crawlerzzzzz............

Rule of thumb; if you can walk faster than the model, walk away!

Sits back and waits for the backlash.

Hahaha, early days yet. I need to get out to a good old bash and see what people are up to and what they use

Hahaha, early days yet. I need to get out to a good old bash and see what people are up to and what they use

I wouldn't class a Wraith as a basher really, more of a rock racer, but if you want something along those lines, then it can only be a Summit... Check out Jangs (UltimateRC on Youtube) review and stuff of the Summit, he has an awesome video, the thing goes over anything! I need a Summit in my life :(

I very nearly bought the one in the local model shop, their is also one on here that keeps tempting me.

Do the Dewalt drill motor upgrade thingymabob and they're flying machines over anything they damn well want :lol:

Had a Summit, did enjoy it, but not tough enough to really throw around. It's weight was it's Achilles heel. If you jumped it, you had to land it well, even then it would belly-flop. Land it badly and you'd break something. Bash it mildly and it was fine. Trouble is, at the time I owned mine, my bashing peers were throwing buggys and Truggy's around like nobody's business! I wanted to join in and it clearly wasn't gonna work.

Use a Summit correctly and it'll reward.

Food for thought?

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/175416-savage-flux-is-up-4-sale-%C2%A3250-225/

I very nearly bought the one in the local model shop, their is also one on here that keeps tempting me.

Do the Dewalt drill motor upgrade thingymabob and they're flying machines over anything they damn well want :lol:

I did the dewalt upgrade on mine that along with lipos makes it extra awesome. Like the admiral said its not a hardcore basher, but for trailing/climbing/going through water etc its perfect.

Budget Maxx burst a brand new bearing, damaging a brand new diff. Mightily peed off. Heard on another forum that Traxxas bearings aren't what they used to be, could be a serious issue if that's the case. Buy a car and replace all the bearings before you run it? I don't think so!