• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

are iphones meant to be the best?

Gaz!

No their software is good. The hardware they use is no different from PC hardware.

I think he means build quality as well as the software. Let me put it this was, would you rather be hit round the head with a 17" Macbook pro or a 17" dell Inspiron?

I know what I'd want... Haha.

You pay for pure quality and thats what apple products are,no denying it...

Not sure how that works out, the iphone and ipod motherboards and connectors etc are made by Foxconn, who also make pretty much everyone else's motherboards etc as well, no difference really, best bit about an iphone is the screen and the OS, nothing else about it is any better, plenty of other twin core phones out there, many with better camera's and ones that are lighter or thinner.

• Like 1

i have had my iPhone 4 from them coming out ye they are good but there are too many updates i think i have had on nearly every 4 week and it take some time and you need iTunes to get the phone working some of the appes are over price and you can only download 20 megabytes with 3g they are not as good as what people make out

No their software is good. The hardware they use is no different from PC hardware.

no the build quality of apple products is far better.

Not sure how that works out, the iphone and ipod motherboards and connectors etc are made by Foxconn, who also make pretty much everyone else's motherboards etc as well, no difference really, best bit about an iphone is the screen and the OS, nothing else about it is any better, plenty of other twin core phones out there, many with better camera's and ones that are lighter or thinner.

,the build of apple are way better quality than any htc,samsung alike...

Edited by Jamo

I take it you work with iphones on a regular basis then as in repair etc??

They are made in China, pretty much the same as every other phone out there, anyway I'm not saying the build quality is inferior, just getting a bit fed up with this "built better than anything else" rumour, they break just as much as any other phone.

• Like 1

And ones that don't lose signal when you hold them in your left hand! That would do my nut in lol, I always hold my phone to my left ear when talking. Not sure why, I'm predominantly right handed lol.

Edited by m3lyc

nope i dont work with iphones,but ive had all the iphones released and a lot of samsung,htc and nokia and apple kicks butt ,end of story,no matter how much your fed up of it ..and as for losing signal,ive never had that on my iphone 4..

Don't drop them then! My 1st gen iPhone survived a comedy style throw down the stairs when I slipped and launched it at the ceiling, my iPod classic has been dropped from pocket hight onto a curb and then into a 3" deep puddle and is fine, in fact I watched Borat on the way back from London 10 mins after being completely submerged. My iPhone 4 has also been dropped countless times and is fine - no case!

I think it's more the luck of the drop, ie which angle it lands at that will dictate whether it gets broken or not tbh.

nope i dont work with iphones,but ive had all the iphones released and a lot of samsung,htc and nokia and apple kicks butt ,end of story,no matter how much your fed up of it ..and as for losing signal,ive never had that on my iphone 4..

So you've owned a few phones, well done mate, join the rest of the planet :thumbsup:

When you actually work with the things you will realise that I'm not having a go at them, merely stating the truth, at the end of the day any phone can be called better than any other, it's up to the individual that uses it how good the phone is and how it compares to any other, simply saying "apple kicks butt" is just fanboy rubbish :xd:

my iPod classic has been dropped from pocket hight onto a curb and then into a 3" deep puddle and is fine, in fact I watched Borat on the way back from London 10 mins after being completely submerged.

I'll confirm that, it really did happen!

I've got a 5th gen video 60gb that was bought new in 2006 (oldskool lol) and it's built like a tank, it's been to India, Hong Kong, all over Europe and England and it's still going strong, only thing I've had to replace is the headphone socket which is known to be dodgy on them anyway so thats no surprise. apart from that it's been as solid as a rock :thumbsup:

no the build quality of apple products is far better.

Yes im sure Intel build the mac chips in a gold plated room, and build the lesser quality 3960x's for PC's in a dusty old shed out the back :whistling:

Same with foxconn they Build the components for apple, in their crystal hall, where their are angels playing harps to keep the hardware happy wilst it is being boxed up with golden fleece as packing meterial befor being sent off to apple. Wile all the components for People like Asus, gigabyte,ASrock,MSI are all built in the toilet cubical that doesnt get used anymore since frank the ex sumo wrestler used it and blocked it up.

Dont be daft. Just because it comes in a shiney box dont mean its got better build quality.

if the iphones are so good how come you have had to have all of the samsung, nokia and HTC phones as well?

• Like 1

the nexus prime is the best phone on the market by far. it makes the iphone look like something you would buy for your techno-phobic nan.

And to the people that think apple stuff is built better you are bonkers, the only thing they might do better than some is make fancy cases to house their stuff and boost their image, but thats easy when you bring out hardly any new products. They use exactly the same hardware as other manufacturers when it comes to computers, even down to using foxconn motherboards (same as dell to name just one other firm).

I have a htc hd2 running android 2.3.5 and the phone itself is coming up to two years old, its been dropped down the toilet, run over by my 1:1 car when I was using the torch to blow up my tire and forgot to pick up the phone before driving off lol, and the only damage is a few scratches. My mate has been through about 3 iphones in the last year, being broken from very minor damage

Edited by dtokez