• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

25 tooth clutch bell ! Crazy?

hyper7 09

i know this might sound abit crazy but would a 25 tooth clutch bell work on a hyper 7 powered by an SH 28 engine?

i want speed, like every other rc basher does. i want the speed to be as fast as it could be but i dont want the acceleration to be as slow as a bus. would a 25 tooth clutch bell do this or will it just be soo slow off the line.

has anyone tried this before, or am i just crazy.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what the standard clutch bell is on a Hyper, but you can't just keep putting bigger and bigger clutch bells on and keep gaining top speed.

Go too big and it would be hard on the clutch, kill acceleration and may never even get into the engine's powerband, and thus actually be slower.

well i recently had a 18 tooth clutch bell on it but the engine ripped that to shreads when the bearing colapsed, and the 18 tooth gave it alot of wheel spin and a quick acceleration, so it might work. Its just giving it a try.

But is it worth it thats the question?

Probably not worth it.

That is a lot of effort to get going, and if the motor can't get into it's powerband, it will really struggle. Most likely it will bog down and be a real effort to get up to speed. If you can get it up to speed it will be quick...but forget about doing that offroad except on very flat surfaces.

You want 16-17 tooth pinion tops 25 is mad and 20-21 is still way to high considering it's a 14t standard. engine will never get into power band and will over heat due to over gearing. What about a tuned pipe and manifold for more speed? If you wanna go that quick you want a race engine .21 as .28 don't rev as much.

I had a sh.28 in a hyper a while back. Ran a 15t clutch bell. Main problem was front wheel spin. I always put it down to the diff set up as it was fine in my virus 2. I wouldnt have gone any higher than a 17t. Possibly go for spider diffs? of better diff oils. Will be faster if you can just help it actually lay the power down.

You'll be fine upto about a 19t or 20t CB. I have a 28 in my hyper with 17t CB and below that I get too much wheelspin. Moving up to an 18 was about the sweet spot with accel/top-speed.

You won't manage to get a 25t VB to work, it'll burn the clutch out and as people have said, struggle to get the thing moving. Also, finding the right teeth setup on anything bigger than 20t becomes hard, is it pitch, i forget the technical term.

But you can deffo go over 17t, it's just how much.......................

thanks for all the responces. At the moment i have just stuck a spare 14 tooth cb in there, I think i will possibly try a 20 tooth cb when i next need to order.

i was running a 18 tooth cb and that had way too much wheel spin if im honest, soo i will just wait and see if the 20 tooth cb works.