• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Land!

Nitro-basher-chick

Me and hubby are looking at buying a nice lump of disused land at the back of a indust area just on the outskirts of ipswich, as he gets anoyed by kids comeing ova to look at cars and geting in the way in public areas.

The land we are looking at is big enough for pertol cars easy, and is quite rough and lumpy. And coz of were it is noise dont matter :P

We would be happy to let localish people from msuk come play down there if hubby decideds to buy it.... But it will be gated and locked to keep kids and travilers out unless we are there.

May put in some kinda lay out on there jumps, curved burms etc kindq free syle ish.

Ill keep u lot in the loop as we go see it wiv agent on 3ed dec.

I have a contact for astroturf if you decide you want it all weather but it doesn't lend itself to 1/5th very well more suited to 1/8th and lower. Drop me a PM once its contoured if you fancy turfing it....its free.

If we buy it, we will be holding bashes, most weekends and in summer may be a eve in the week. But as i say u lot local will be invited to join us when eaver u like pritty much, as long as i know whos who from msuk.

Astro could be a good idea at a later date, but to start with hubby and his brother will make a feestyle type area and leave the rest as it is with very rough, rutted ground.

May be a track at a later date but thats a little more work lolz :)

some chavs went up to my mates savage when it was the wrong way up, i bet he wished he hadn't grabbed the heat sink on the engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :xd:

Haha stupid chavs, saying that ive got a lot of burn scars from not watching what im doing.

Your right mate about bashing spots, there is not much around area part of the uk, as my wife says we will invite people local from msuk to come down and play if i buy the land, i figure its a good investment in the long run aswell as a place to play.

The land has not been used as it had something in the soil that would have had to be cleaned up before it could be built on, so the land is quite cheap, so i hope i get it.

My dad has a old caravan ill put down there for cuppa makeing :) he says i can have it if he can park his boat there in winter.

Awesome!! Its always nice to see people taking that extra step in finding a great bashing spot. :thumbsup:

And it doesnt get much betetr thyan buying one..

A couple of words of warning however.

Its worth checking with the neighbours to ensure they wont have a problem with it.

Being behind an ind est its likely everything will be empty on a satarday, and sunday.

A good standing with your neighbours has other benifits too, their discarded pallets etc would make great building materials for a track/bash area.

I dont know rocky hilly land could be good to, but not much of that around here.

I would love to go bashing in scotland or wales with a petrol truck.

Feel free to come up to edinburgh when ever you want. i know this place that is perfect for a bash or race, i dont know what the land is or if it gets used. A bit of weeding and it will be amazing :D Getting some pics, i was there today. use your imagination that is what i do when i go to work on it :)

If im eaver up there i shall let u know, i now have a 1/5 buggy so that would be awsom!.

Hubby has contacts in the building trade so rubble/ cement and general stuff is easy to get. The land is very rough at the min i fink hes geting his bro to jcb a large part of it smooth but leaveing the hilly bits there (i may be wroung tho). But people who get invited to come play would be welcome to build bits n bobs if thay have a good idea.

May be needing a some one good with electrics if we put lights up off a lil geni.

Me and hubby are full of ideas but we dont evan own the land yet lol :P

That would be handy thanks rusty. You get some rc play time while your here as well.

If i dont get this bit of land ill keep looking as its a worth while investment in the long run aswell, but this one is ideal due to location, ill be biding about 28k for it depending on outher bids im happy to hit 30k max. Either i invest it or the wife will spend it lol ;)

Im not sure on the exact size, ill find out off hubby and let u know when he gets out of bed lol,

But as i said before its waste land thats got simething in the soil form past use that would have to be cleaned before it could be built on so its being sold very cheap. I think there was some kinda heavy indestry work shop there before.