• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Soldering Cost

postie90

thats very expensive, it should take them less than 5 minutes to solder each connector on

Its really not difficult so i would have a go yourself, if not you could send it to me and i could do it for alot less :lol:

Same here,

And go back to LHS with a large cod in hand, Smack him across the face with it, Both sides Mind,

And SHOUT at him "AT LEAST DICK TURPIN HAD THE GOOD GRACE TO WEAR A MASK"

or you can name him on here and I'll do it!

rant over,........having a cup of tea.

P.S. This is what I started out with:

Soldering Kit

And I can now solder PC Mobo's, all it takes is practice, You will also want a Helping Hand to make life easier, and heat shrink the claws to protect the wire when soldering, and if you want to push the boat out, you could get a Mini Vice, as these make soldering deans type connectors easier, and theres loads of videos on here and youtube on soldering.

Have fun.

Edited by J450n

In the last 2 weeks I went down to my LHS so many times for soldering now they just do it free. Didn't even charge me for the cost of parts when I took my MMM down today for a deans connector. I started soldering the last couple of days and its a really easy thing to pick up. Just make sure you get a nice hot soldering iron and be quick. I have just done a tamiya blackfoot first time soldering ESC, motors and Battery and it was pretty easyish. Have a go with some cheap wiring and some connectors.

And I would advise a soldering mat. After using the kitchen table the table cloth looked more like swiss cheese. But then I was using a gas powered soldering iron. confused.gif

Edited by Ruhel

Not sure, some smaller LiPo's I recieved recently had them on, how do they fit XT-60's on the 8guage wire that Turnigy's have without trimming?

i think xt60s are for people who live here http://www.littlekingdom.co.uk/ :lol:

You gotta use big bullets or EC5s if you are using turnigy lipos

So is it fair to say use XT60 till 10 AWG, then for 8AWG and larger use EC5's? I think this is what i'll be doing, just soldered 8AWG to traxxas connectors and was a bit of a bodge job!

• 2 weeks later...