• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Serpent brushless buggy: First Look

djr2096

From Red RC

After only a month since first being announced, photos of Serpent's Cobra S811-Be entry into the brushless buggy market surfaced from one of Billy Easton's test sessions in Lake Park, Florida. This is the first time we see the body; looking very low and sculpted around the tightly packaged inner workings. Its clear that the a lot of thought has gone into placement of the batteries, motor & speedo - the result a very narrow profile chassis.

For more photos click Read More.

serpe1.jpg

serpe3.jpg

serpe2.jpg

serpe4.jpg

serpe5.jpg

Serpent worked with Durango on developing the car that has become the DEX410, but was at one time going to the sold as the Serpent S400.

The layout and design I see here looks a lot like a sort of 1/8th version of the DEX410, so I reckon not so much thought went in to the design - they simply scaled up one they already had!

either way it still looks like a sweet ride

Serpent worked with Durango on developing the car that has become the DEX410, but was at one time going to the sold as the Serpent S400.

The layout and design I see here looks a lot like a sort of 1/8th version of the DEX410, so I reckon not so much thought went in to the design - they simply scaled up one they already had!

Nice but i'm with nitroholic on the shell it really looks ridiculous also he chassis colour looks white in the pic which I don't like but it has clearly been designed well without the use of too much metal either

looks like a proper bit of kit. price?????

The nitro version is £450rrp, sells for about £420 and looks to be the same car, apart from the main chassis and leccy specific bits. I can't see any reason that it would be much more.

Edited by grumpygramps

• 2 weeks later...

Production pics:

Serpent811-BeCobra-front.jpg

Serpent's 811-Be Cobra nears completion with the company now showing proper studio pictures of what looks like the production-ready buggy. The 1/8 scale 4WD electric buggy is based on the same platform as the nitro-powered buggy combined with a couple of different design approaches such as the advanced integrated standing servo, receiver and speedo bracket, an ingenious motor-bracket and lay-down battery configuration with practical easy-to-use lid-system. The buggy's extremely narrow and low design is optimised for overall weight balance and the kits is expected to become released very soon.

Serpent811-BeCobra.jpg

Serpent811-BeCobra-side.jpg

Serpent811-BeCobra-rear.jpg

Serpent811-BeCobra-bottom.jpg

Source: Area 52

Vorza competitor? Looks sexy

Destroyer more like! The Vorza isn't a race buggy, its built for jumping and surviving huge jumps, this is more for flying around a track and turning fast laptimes.