• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Herts model shop has been BURGLED!

revo madnesss

its obviously a pro job.... only took the highly desirable kits... none of the cheaper stuff..

They wont be sold for peanuts... their making their way to a port to sell in France most likely...

I popped in earlier before i found out their had been a break in CSI their and everyone looking very shaken up...

worst of all... i couldnt get my shock oil! ;)

But seriously... lets help catch the barstewards that did this! i just hope most is recovered..

in the us shop owners have weapons for protection, considering whats going on here i think its a good idea.

What would having weapons there do, not as if someone went in and held it up is it? It was broken into and emptied at night i thought?

So sorry guys - it's a shame things like this happen today. Not long ago, there was a time when people left their doors open to pop to the shops.

I called herts models today and I was hugely dissapointed when they told me they were closing. I said "oh because of the burglary I suppose" and they said "no, it's 10 to 6 and we close at 6." Really made my heart drop until that confusion was cleared up xD Further more they told me that they were not going to shut up shop and are going to continue to trade and that the burglary was "one of those things".

I am at least happy they are not closing down, would have been gutted to see them go.

I called herts models today and I was hugely dissapointed when they told me they were closing. I said "oh because of the burglary I suppose" and they said "no, it's 10 to 6 and we close at 6." Really made my heart drop until that confusion was cleared up xD Further more they told me that they were not going to shut up shop and are going to continue to trade and that the burglary was "one of those things".

I am at least happy they are not closing down, would have been gutted to see them go.

You just made my heart drop then, these guys got me into this hobby only just a week ago, they are so friendly and helpfull you wouldnt believe.

Im so sorry for whats happened.

I am also happy that this will not close them down, we cant let these b******ds win, i will keep my eyes and ears open.

When i just read they are closing my heart dropped, i had been in there once but my plans for the summer were to start racing there

really glad there staying open

Bugger, lot of stuff they've lost there :(

Never been but sounds like it's one of the better shops - glad they're not closing ;)

We should have the cutting of hands off law in this country!

I disagree...give all their fingers on one hand frostbite. ;)

it really is a sweet shop, ont overly expensive, really nice guys and girls in their :)

Do good deals if you ask ;)

And their track is arguably one of the best in the uk :)

Worth a visit if your in the area :)

Good to see all the support on here, keep your eyes peeled guys! :)

Edited by Bazzokajoe

it really is a sweet shop, ont overly expensive, really nice guys and girls in their :)

Do good deals if you ask ;)

And their track is arguably one of the best in the uk :)

Worth a visit if your in the area :)

Good to see all the support on here, keep your eyes peeled guys! :)

Going a bit off topic but whats needed to use the track? Is there a membership cost? Cost of use for that day? helpsmilie.gifgood.gif

track use is £10 for a day, or £5 on a thursday evening,

You must have a brca lisence to run their tho.

Really friendly atmosphere and well worth the price :)

Thanks mate. good.gif

Would i be able to use my firestorm there or is there a limit on engine size or vehicle.

Plus im not looking into serious racing, just a little track experience and a change of scenery from the usual bashing in an open field.

Edited by Gavin3171

haha, you car run what you like :)

as long as its not in an actual race :)

Most saturdays are available for track time, and every day during the week,

Sunday is usually race day, so if your not running 8th scale nitro, or 10th scale truck or buggy their isnt really alot of running :)

good fun to watch tho :D