• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Monkey's Hyper ST Pro brushless build

bodgemonkey

Ello :-)

I'm interested now, As I'm still exploring different setups and layouts on my Hyper ST. Its only a RTR version though.... Need to find someone selling a box of bits or "almost a Roller" cheap to upgrade it to Pro spec....

Currently a dual battery layout, Separate battery box either side of the rear driveshaft, I'll Upload pictures when I'm not Le-tired X-)

Hey there dude

Unfortunately I don't have any spare pro parts!

Great cars though and mine hasn't let me down except for the tyres, think I might try 60-100-10 and see how it goes!

hey nos

thats the only problem that i have is front tyre's ripping themselves to bits

a set of badlands a set of crime-fighters and a set of grinders

at nearly £70 a set it gets quite expensive

although my lhs has a set of bowties in the bargain bucket and i have a set of hpi trophy-truggy wheels

what spur pinion are you running, i have a 16t pinion and 47 spur and the front end will not stay down

think i will go back to the 52 spur and turn down the punch on my mamba

very impressed with the durability of these trucks

cheers

andy

18/48 on 4S. Given up trying to even get the power down on 6S, would wheelie at about 40 on Tarmac with buggy front wheels and the batteries strapped to the front, car slammed so much it had about 2mm of clearance!

Thinking of riveting the tyres to the plastic lol

My timing is on 0 and punch only effects the throttle control for about 3 seconds.

Very happy with how the truck handles though, got 2 degrees negative camber front and 1 degree rear. Very easy to turn at low speeds with throttle, great steering too considering the servo ain't all that

Edited by nosmonkey

RC tires ballooning always seem to be a problem in these high power setups, no one seems to make RC tires like 1/1 Scale tires with belting moulded into the rubber, their all just pure plain rubber.... When you say Belting, Do you mean Gorilla Taping the insides of the tire?

Edited by GorillaZilla

RC tires ballooning always seem to be a problem in these high power setups, no one seems to make RC tires like 1/1 Scale tires with belting moulded into the rubber, their all just pure plain rubber.... When you say Belting, Do you mean Gorilla Taping the insides of the tire?

yeah,

you can find more information in the guide i put together

The IMEX Jumbo tyres I have on Truckzilla have built in belting. 3 thick ribs running right round the tyre. It's just a question of the manufacturers modifying the mould design.

I have ribs on my mental tyres...shame they seem to do nothing...ive torn 3 of them to bits...ive tried to belt them but it wont stick or if it does it seems not to work well enough.

there is a market out there for a large scale tyre that has a strong sidewall to prevent balooning i'd say

Edited by barnetbasher

evening all,

good thread, I just built my ST Pro conversion, it has cc 2200Kv motor, xerun 150A esc and so far im running on 4s (2x HPI 5300 30c 2s, 1x Losi 5000 25c 4s ) i have some 6s turnigy 50c's incoming and want to know what pinion would be sensible, curently using a 15t pinion and standard 52t spur, so far motor is not getting hot at all and neither are batts or esc when running up and down street.

I may strugle to gear up much more without reducing the size of the spur as im right into the edge of the motor mount

also i dont seem to have a great deal of punch with the system. wheelies dont seem to easy, should this thing be more..... sporty on 4s?

• 1 month later...

EDIT - Don't worry about the war and peace post yesterday

Have posted my questions as a new thread in the truggy section as more likely to be seen

If you have any comments though it'd be great to hear them

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/126456-hyper-st-non-pro-brushless-conversion-some-concerns/

Thanks

Edited by Mandrick

• 3 months later...

Running faultless as usual, haven't broken a thing on this car.....witchcraft! Actually that's a lie, I've had to replace a shock o ring :lol:

Been practicing jumps with this, it's just so orgasmically well balanced!!!

Managed to land on top of Chris' Kyosho truck and have a nice battlescar to prove it, and I'll upload a vid in a bit of us jumping the cars off of trees, had some far better ones but they were with fully charged battery packs!

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus this thing just refuses to die :lol:

Was running at grovelands today, all going well, usual wheelies etc. some speed runs down the Tarmac, had to turn the ABS on as it was very wet. 1st run I did was without ABS, went to steer away from me and brakes, wheels locked up and slid into my shin, nice biiig bruise

Then I drove it into a foot deep puddle Where it got stuck for half a minute, abd had some nasty crashes.....and the total damage was absolutely nothing :lol:

Stripped it all down as usual and cleaned it all up. Fitted a new wind on as the white one was grubby.

Hyper ST Pro, y u no break :rofl:

Edited by nosmonkey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorted the ESC out so that's all good. Some pictures with the new wing (ignore the mismatched wheels, i managed to strip the hexes on one of the bow-ties)

DSCN0950.jpg

DSCN0951.jpg

DSCN0952.jpg

• 4 months later...

Nice bash at Grovelands today, ran 4 packs through her. Nothing broke, although I did have a few nasty accidents (

Clipped a cast iron park bench at about 25, no damage)

Big shout to Barnetbasher for helping to sort out the total pain in the arse of a servo saver, stupidly high spring rate servo spring, the design of it could definatley be easier. Also bought some truggy badlands mounted on JConcepts Rulux wheels from him, rebuilt the shocks and gave it a clean after it was viciously raped by everyone's RCs :lol:

Looking pretty badass now though :)

9769E5D3-7CC7-4421-9379-D19B80F88987-124-000000074B63BA3E.jpg

1AB8C3E5-4FC6-497C-9CE7-092602BCDE51-124-000000075109123E.jpg