• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

show us your boat

jakeg398

• 3 weeks later...

This my latest acquisition, it's a super surge crusher, changed the livery because I didn't like the stock One.. Maiden on Sunday ;)

hymygany.jpg

There is no me in team..

• Like 2

I had one of those too, good fun except for windy days, you should get a 3s pack in it, really perks it up..

There is no me in team..

Now it is running I will do, but it will need a little more weight up front as the stern was going under on sharp turns with just 2s

• 1 month later...

Have installed this setup from Action Electronics,its the Dark Biter Class from Nautical Marine Models..

http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pdfs/Dark%20Biter%20-%20Nautical%20Marine%20Models.pdf

Edited by ibo

• 3 weeks later...

Intresting,the launch would scrub up very nice think the engine has blow its last gasket though lol

Here you go bud,me,I would go electric less complicated..

ED Sea Otter 3.46cc Water- Cooled Double Ball Race.

T2eC16dysE9sy0jLFoBRWqYQtLw60_12_zps4258

Edited by ibo

Lol well Iv got a couple of local guys wanting to try get the engine running lol,I'm not sure if I'm going to paint yet or to see how the old stuff comes up!

That looks very much the same, so how do these engines work? Dose any one have any good links i can read on building/restoring a boat as I'm totally new to marine and it looks quite different to rc cars!

Edited by rich.h44

Lol well Iv got a couple of local guys wanting to try get the engine running lol,I'm not sure if I'm going to paint yet or to see how the old stuff comes up!

That looks very much the same, so how do these engines work? Dose any one have any good links i can read on building/restoring a boat as I'm totally new to marine and it looks quite different to rc cars!

check out the forums at modelboatmayhem, there loads of scale builders on there and you'll find plenty of helpful info.. Edited by smash

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not really my boat, but one I've just finished building/fixing for my brother-in-law's birthday. An Academy Atlas 540, from 1992, never been used. It was a complete wreck when we received it (cheap ebay buy), it was filthy, had most of the railings and some of the bodywork broken and all of the stickers missing, including windows.

Really pleased with how it has turned out. The "Massive Head Marine" sticker is because his head is... yeah.

WbMlFAG.jpg?1

yWrAG6Q.jpg?1

OhnPwtm.jpg?1

Edited by Praet0r87

• 3 months later...

Have f1 hydro & Scott free (bullet v2 mates)

20160110_154754_zpsr5lluymm.jpg

20160221_025633_zpsxwndg60b.jpg

newest addition c1 flowmaster twin hull 

20160229_220057_zpskm3snewf.jpg

Edited by R46
  • Like 1