• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

36 minutes ago, Brandon said:

i saw that the bugsta body got beat up pretty bad 

36 minutes ago, Brandon said:

i saw that the bugsta body got beat up pretty bad 

Then first one did because in didn't tape it, the one that I taped is still going strong. 

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah I remember now! 

I think you may have mentioned it but did you use just shoe goo?  

Shoe goo and scrim tape. I didn't do the windows at first and the rear cracked first outing. I taped it up as soon as I got home and it's stayed solid since.

10 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Shoe goo and scrim tape. I didn't do the windows at first and the rear cracked first outing. I taped it up as soon as I got home and it's stayed solid since.

Ok thanks! Never used shoe goo so it may be quite funny :D but will see!

6 hours ago, mond said:

Make sure to do it somewhere really well ventilated and wear gloves. It stinks and in liquid form is a carcinogenic. Great stuff once dry though.

Will do! It's quite hazardous stuff then if it is carcinogenic. I can get a chance to use my respiratory mask then! :D  

It's one of those things I guess where you do it in a ventilated area and what works best, I just couldn't get it working with gloves and brush on as everything would stick to everything apart from the shell! so I just spread it on with my hands without gloves in the end for my fs shell... lived to tell the tale ;)

Yeah true! I'll be using gloves tho as knowing me, I'll end up getting dermatitis :D

What size tube should I use as there are many of them

Edited by Brandon

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me where the 'beep' comes from when you're adjusting settings on the ESC?

Mine stopped beeping after a drive in wet grass.  It also stopped reversing. :crying:

I sent it back to HPI who have upgraded the firmware and said it's now fine - but it's still not beeping.  Making ESC settings adjustments is hard just using the lights and will be nigh on impossible in daylight outdoors.

If I lift the rear wheels off the floor and go pull the throttle back and then fwd it seems to apply the brakes - but a subsequent press doesn't go in reverse.  I think it could be a connection going into the motor as if I hold them in a certain position then sometimes it will reverse.  I'm guessing those wires aren't user serviceable?  motor is the MMH-4000 brushless.

Can someone tell me where the 'beep' comes from when you're adjusting settings on the ESC?

Mine stopped beeping after a drive in wet grass.  It also stopped reversing. :crying:

I sent it back to HPI who have upgraded the firmware and said it's now fine - but it's still not beeping.  Making ESC settings adjustments is hard just using the lights and will be nigh on impossible in daylight outdoors.

If I lift the rear wheels off the floor and go pull the throttle back and then fwd it seems to apply the brakes - but a subsequent press doesn't go in reverse.  I think it could be a connection going into the motor as if I hold them in a certain position then sometimes it will reverse.  I'm guessing those wires aren't user serviceable?  motor is the MMH-4000 brushless.

These motors are very susceptible to water damage. Might want to take the end cap off and check for moisture inside the water. There may be a short circuit on one of the wires

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks.  So the beep comes from the motor. :)

I did check the brake/crawler mode and that's fine.

I did a reset - and also I assume the firmware update would do so too.

My guess is that water's got into the 'waterproof' motor then. :(

Will check when I get a chance tomorrow.  Those screws look tiny - any idea what size they are (for spares..)? 1mm?

• Like 1

Thanks.  So the beep comes from the motor. [emoji4]

My guess is that water's got into the 'waterproof' motor then. [emoji20]

Will check when I get a chance tomorrow.  Those screws look tiny - any idea what size they are (for spares..)? 1mm?

I reckon so. this whole waterproof thing is complete bs because only the ESC is waterproof and that's only with the firmware update. The motor isn't waterproof at all, water gets in through the motor wires and the end cap.

Thanks.  So the beep comes from the motor. [emoji4]

My guess is that water's got into the 'waterproof' motor then. [emoji20]

I am also looking for spares because some of the screws have got scraped. They seem very difficult to find and I haven't found any yet