• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Took the firestorm out again today and it seems to be running very hot (motor)

After a 15-20min run I can't hold onto my motor for more than 3 secs, is this too hot ?

If so why would it be running so hot ?

Bearings might be damaged therefore causing excess friction

After a 15-20min run I can't hold onto my motor for more than 3 secs, is this too hot ?

What surface was that on? Running it on grass for instance will result in higher temps. Also were you running 2s or 3s? Driving style?

I found today that even though my motor was too hot to touch it was only 50 Edited by Leo Best

Ordered a temp gun. In all fairness I was running in inch long grass, driving style was pretty tame with a few flat out straight line runs and I didn't give it much time to cool. It's running on a 2s lipo. Should be fine, if not will I have to gear up or down ?

Andrew

Ordered a temp gun. In all fairness I was running in inch long grass, driving style was pretty tame with a few flat out straight line runs and I didn't give it much time to cool. It's running on a 2s lipo. Should be fine, if not will I have to gear up or down ?

Andrew

Motor hot = Gear down
  • Like 1

Andrew

May want to gear down a bit if that's the surface you run on but check temps with the gun first
  • Like 1

buying a firestorm flux wanted to ask i dont solder and never have could i use ec3 to deans adapter?

as the 3s battery i am gonna buy is an ec3

You could but its not quite ideal

Male sure to get a good quality adaptor to reduce resistance

Edited by Leo Best

My firestorm seems to be running ace now :)

One thing I have found is that the steering lock is terrible is there a mod to help this or am I just going to live with it.

Properly doesn't help that it spends most of its time on huge rear wheels haha, would new front tyres help or not ?

• Like 1

congratulations and welcome, first post is a good place to start and also use the 'search this thread' option as lots of the same questions have been asked many times.

• Like 1