• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

I use a 3800kv motor, and mine runs 17mm hex with 1/8 on road rally wheels I got 43mph on 2s

I have geared it to 26/83 now, still good for around 40mph, plus my blitz has lots of alum parts and is heavy

Regularly had 49/50mph out of my old Firestorm on 3s using 16/87 gearing with the 9t Leopard combo with reasonable temps. It took about 100yds before i could use full throttle without it picking up the front end, it probably would have gone faster but ran out of road lol.

Well that was an expensive 15 minutes bashing

20150423_154917_zpstabqhykw.jpg

20150423_155628_zpsvo9tq2ci.jpg

20150423_163828_zpswrihjg47_edit_1429807

20150423_145351_zpsveojgnsh.jpg

Add to that the snapped plastic that separates the battery from the servo! (not sure on the name). The replacement bumper needs to get here asap, I'm skint!

Ouch, the bit that seperates battery and servo is the bulkhead.

Thanks. I've glued and plastic welded it using a soldering iron the best I can. I also remembered that I have some of the foams that stop the battery from sliding around so I'll be using them in the future.

Well that was an expensive 15 minutes bashing

20150423_154917_zpstabqhykw.jpg

20150423_155628_zpsvo9tq2ci.jpg

20150423_163828_zpswrihjg47_edit_1429807

20150423_145351_zpsveojgnsh.jpg

Add to that the snapped plastic that separates the battery from the servo! (not sure on the name). The replacement bumper needs to get here asap, I'm skint!

Very unlucky

Hi, my lads got a standard e firestorm. I ordered him a 2s lipo and I think i've set the esc correct, 2 beeps. It doesnt seem any faster than the 8.4 v nimh?

Is that right? Will the lipo just last longer?

why do you think a 7.2 volt lipo would be faster then a 8.4 nimh ?

Hi, my lads got a standard e firestorm. I ordered him a 2s lipo and I think i've set the esc correct, 2 beeps. It doesnt seem any faster than the 8.4 v nimh?

You should see longer run times from the lipo. Keep an eye on temps and if it's not running too hot then gearing up might be an option.

It won't be any faster top speed but unlike NiMH you will get full power all the time almost like a nitro car Edited by Leo Best

More worrying is the grinding noise coming from the motor. It's only a cheapy one but I need it to last a little while longer yet! I guess that might explain the poor performance/low top speed.

Might have dented the motor can on one of your crashes

everclear, is your servo broke now?

im on the look out for some very decent wheel sets guys, which ones would you recommend please?

are looking for just wheels or tyres as well? what terrain?