• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Had my first run with mine today didnt put the body shell on as its been a long time since I last drove a RC car and one as powerfull as this and it did end upside down a few time but great fun

Aren't you best running it with the shell and protecting the more expensive bits inside?

Had my first run with mine today didnt put the body shell on as its been a long time since I last drove a RC car and one as powerfull as this and it did end upside down a few time but great fun

if it's a long time since you've driven rc even more reason to have the shell on, if you damage the elctrics while running like this and it's new good luck trying to do a warranty claim.

possable but was running on grass and soil so no a lot of dammage to be done LOL

So not a lot of damage to be done to the shell either :thumbsup: but it should slide easier on its roof instead of various bits sticking in the soil?..

Does the esc have a fan on? if so grass/mud can get into it.

I had the fan off as it was very cold and its recomened if wet running and even with a shell on mud, durt etc can still get into the fan

as for damaging it with out the shell on thats a risk yes but would it protect much in a hard land I dont know

That's like asking a motorcyclist have they ever crashed without wearing their helmet to see if the damage is as bad.  How could it be less bad??

If anything the car could at least slide a bit on its roof - it won't do that with bits of suspension etc. sticking out.

Hi All,

My name is Seb and I'm a new member of this forum. I'm also very new into the RC scene.

Since this weekend I'm a happy owner of HPI E-Firestorm 10t Flux.

I have choose it after reading this forum. So far I'm really happy.

I must say that when I took it for a first spin I felt like a 10 year old again. Smile never left my face.

I have a few questions. I'm sure that most of them were answered in this tread at some point, but I find it very hard to search through it.

1. Is there some "magical" way of searching through the Firestorm tread?

2. I love my firestorm, but there is one detail i'm not that happy about - Transmitter. It feels cheap/plasticish. Which transmitter/reciver would you guys recommend for my firestorm.

Something with the long distance would be great.

3. I will be using the car mostly on my factory car park (it is massive - it is mostly concrete and asfalt) and woods near my house. Should change the tires/wheels/suspension?

What are the recommended upgrades for the firestorm. I already have t-bone bar and wheelie. I would really like to make my firestorm as robust and cool as I can.

Many thanks,

hi and welcome

1, Yes on a pc or full mode on a mobile theres a search box in the top right corner with 'search this topic'

2,do you need single or multi model?

3, what terrain is it? no all you need is tbones.

Hi All,

My name is Seb and I'm a new member of this forum. I'm also very new into the RC scene.

Since this weekend I'm a happy owner of HPI E-Firestorm 10t Flux.

I have choose it after reading this forum. So far I'm really happy.

I must say that when I took it for a first spin I felt like a 10 year old again. Smile never left my face.

I have a few questions. I'm sure that most of them were answered in this tread at some point, but I find it very hard to search through it.

1. Is there some "magical" way of searching through the Firestorm tread?

2. I love my firestorm, but there is one detail i'm not that happy about - Transmitter. It feels cheap/plasticish. Which transmitter/reciver would you guys recommend for my firestorm.

Something with the long distance would be great.

3. I will be using the car mostly on my factory car park (it is massive - it is mostly concrete and asfalt) and woods near my house. Should change the tires/wheels/suspension?

What are the recommended upgrades for the firestorm. I already have t-bone bar and wheelie. I would really like to make my firestorm as robust and cool as I can.

Many thanks,

I'd recommend a spectrum dx2e its about

I agree with stretch about the flysky. I know the previous model(gt3b) can even be modded to be up to 8 channel and give you three position switches etc. it's only about 10 quid or less and a bit of soldering. Just handy for down the line if you want more out of your radio. Not sure if the gt3c is the same.

But really, apart from aesthetics, the factory radio should provide all the range you would need. But doesn't have all the additional trims etc.

GT3C is a good radio set, I use one for all my outdoor RC's - its cheap and additional receivers are cheap as chips too.

Just ordered some new bits for my E-FS, looking forward to the rebuild :) Its an original release from about 6 years ago so needs some refreshing. Ordered a new shell, bearing kit, rod ends and RPM front arms/bulkhead. Got a diff rebuild kit ready and some 25k diff oil.

Realised that Team C Hyde CVD's fit the E-FS 100% as well, so that was a 'free' upgrade  :thumbsup:

Silly question then - what can other transmitters do that the stock one doesn't?  I'm staggered to be honest by the range.  Roughly what is it - I'm not a great judge of distances,  A few hundred meters easily I'd guess?

Silly question then - what can other transmitters do that the stock one doesn't?  I'm staggered to be honest by the range.  Roughly what is it - I'm not a great judge of distances,  A few hundred meters easily I'd guess?

The range is generally really good with any 2.4Ghz radio - easily hundreds of feet :) Thats probably not a big reason people upgrade radio.

There's lots of stuff transmitters can do that the included RTR ones can't - multi-model memory, so it knows what car your driving and sets itself up accordingly. Additional settings to change the feel and response of the steering, throttle etc. And they are generally designed much nicer, I use a Futaba 4PKS-R for racing and honestly nothing else feels the same to use afterwards, in terms of precision, comfort, and the ability to use the radio to enhance your feel for the car your driving.

Don't like using a really expensive radio outside for bashing though, and the GT3C is really nice to use for the money. Used it for racing for months as well. Strongly recommend it  :yes: