• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Sk8inDuck do you have any problems heat wise with your etronix photon kit in the firestorm, I am soon to be getting a fs and already have a 13t etrunic photon combo that I can put in it mostly running on 3s, any help appreciated

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Hey man.

I'm not running mine on a etronix esc, I run the HPI Flux reload V2.  I don't know how that compares to the entire etronix kit.  I originally was going to get the HPI flux shot 4300kv Brushless motor, but due to no stock they said get the etronix, as its basically the same motor, just different manafacture.  

I can tell you that with my set up I have no problems, but I wouldn't know how that'd transfer into the Etronix stuff.  

Ok I see, no worries anyway as mine is alright so far on temps so should be fine, I'm actually getting a quicrun motor which is a full 540 size at some point so I'll see if my esc can cope with thwt, should be able to as the combo with the motor only has a 60a esc itself

Hey guys, just ordered a Flux RTR version from MS, I'll hopefully have more luck with this than my FTX Carnage (made of cheese)! Anything obvious I need to deal with out of the box? I've got some t-bones on their way and will probably have to do the shock tower mod for my 5200mah 2s Turnigy battery. Also, does the newest version still have a dicky ESC when it comes to running on 3s?

I've ordered one!

Bought mine from tower hobbies Saturday, I'll have to wait a few weeks for it but I'm looking forward to it! Watched some clips of it on 3s, wow! Mad! I've also ordered a hpi wheelie bar & front tbone.

Mines going to be a spare care, so I can strip & maintain the other cars better sort of a courtesy car ;-)

Took delivery of my fs today. Awesome thing, so pleased with it. However, it did annoye that the pinion grub wasn't even tightened! Good job I knew where to look when the motor was spinning without any wheel movement. De-stickered it and it looks class too, can't wait for my t bones so I can properly bash it!

Yeah, I did a general check but didn't take off the gear cover, thankfully no harm done :). Coming from the Carnage, the extra width on the wheel base on the fs is amazing, so much more stable and less prone to traction rolling, i'm finally able to sit down and have a blast rather than getting ready to go and flip it the whole time!

Edit: Just had another garden bash, the surprises keep coming, turned both throttle end points all the way up as is directed in the manual and got even more speed from her! Looove this RC!

Edited by Mmmmays

The now mean green machine, wasn't as well as I had liked as I had painted with a brush a sort of tear effect on the front and back and then when I sprayed on the green it all started peeling so had to scrub it off and got lighter patches :-(Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hello there, I recently bought a second hand Firestorm Flux which is completely standard and I am having some problems with it.

To start with I noticed straight away the car was running much faster in reverse than forwards, I checked the wires from the motor to esc and all appear to be correct. I have tried to recalibrate the esc as instructed in the manual and this made no difference and also adjusting the servo reverse and again no change. I read in this thread someone else had the same problem and switched wires A and C on the esc which cured the problem, I have done the same and this fixed the problem for me as well but surely this can not be right?

Also the car only lasted between 1 to 2 min on a 2s battery before it came to a complete stop and would only stutter really bad and would not drive  and shortly after no response from  the car at all. I assume this is the overheating cut off as the also the motor and esc were quite hot (could not touch motor or esc for more than a second or two). Does this point to a broken esc?

I am new to brushless so any help would be welcome.

Hello there, I recently bought a second hand Firestorm Flux which is completely standard and I am having some problems with it.

To start with I noticed straight away the car was running much faster in reverse than forwards, I checked the wires from the motor to esc and all appear to be correct. I have tried to recalibrate the esc as instructed in the manual and this made no difference and also adjusting the servo reverse and again no change. I read in this thread someone else had the same problem and switched wires A and C on the esc which cured the problem, I have done the same and this fixed the problem for me as well but surely this can not be right?

Also the car only lasted between 1 to 2 min on a 2s battery before it came to a complete stop and would only stutter really bad and would not drive  and shortly after no response from  the car at all. I assume this is the overheating cut off as the also the motor and esc were quite hot (could not touch motor or esc for more than a second or two). Does this point to a broken esc?

I am new to brushless so any help would be welcome.

If swapping your wires around fixed your problem so be it, it doesn't do any harm.

Regarding your other problem, what combo (ESC and Motor) is it running and what gearing?

If swapping your wires around fixed your problem so be it, it doesn't do any harm.

Regarding your other problem, what combo (ESC and Motor) is it running and what gearing?

Thanks for quick reply, It is running the standard Hpi Flux vapor esc and hpi vektor 4800 motor and standard gearing from what I can see.

I kinda regret getting rid of my firestorm lol. Seems the 1/8 scales spend more time in pieces waiting for new parts than being used! The firestorm only broke suspension arms so if i had t-bones it would be pretty much indestructible imo.

The spur gear has 87 stamped on it and the pinion gear has 19 teeth. I have not checked the binding as I thought this was ok.

stock gearing then, check your mesh binding when turning the wheels, did the esc flash 'thermal protection' when it cut out?