• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

57 minutes ago, Wrighty8766 said:

Jumping on concrete, only small jumps but it's took it's toll :( it was a new gearbox too as it's just had a rebuild 

On this occasion yes, got the car off eBay for £80 plus post and gave it a quick rebuild but it didn't come with the stock rear bumper, it is on order though.....this was its maiden run too :lol: 

Time to place an order for some tbones then!

I packed my bag, charged the lipos and headed to the skatepark yesterday, only to find the motor had eaten a bearing last bashing session and tore itself apart within about 2 feet of where I started from! New motor and spur gear needed then :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, everclear1984 said:

I packed my bag, charged the lipos and headed to the skatepark yesterday, only to find the motor had eaten a bearing last bashing session and tore itself apart within about 2 feet of where I started from! New motor and spur gear needed then :(

Ouch... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, everclear1984 said:

Nothing worse than getting everything ready, getting on site and then getting cut short without even having a little play :crying:

at at least I got a couple of jumps in first lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

The biggest issue is that my esc is only 45amp, the motor was plenty powerful enough but finding a replacement 45amp motor is proving difficult. Guess I'll be adding an esc to that order lol.

What motor is it?

I only ever run 3s, I got rid of my 2s packs a long time ago :)

It's a brushless system from a Maverick Strada, something like 3200kv I believe. Geared 26/87 it hits around 42mph with no overheating issues and loads of torquey goodness :) I could maybe get away with 2 more teeth on the pinion but the motor mount wouldn't allow for enough adjustment.

37 minutes ago, Wrighty8766 said:

Thanks for the link but I've tried one of those Turnigy cans before and it felt horribly underpowered. Has anyone tried one of these cheapo ebay systems?

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272478442762

Edited by everclear1984

18 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Thanks for the link but I've tried one of those Turnigy cans before and it felt horribly underpowered. Has anyone tried one of these cheapo ebay systems?

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272478442762

I think to keep it under 45a you would have to go for a lower KV and run it on 3s. This is the cheapest I can find;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222144505079

I already run 3s so that's not an issue. The old motor was 3200kv geared as high as the motor adjustment would allow so I don't really want to go any lower. I think I'm going to take a punt on the one I posted above. 

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 1

heres a very short video of today 
firestorm and a blitz,
we rebuilt the diff last night with some 20,000cst oil, feels nice and smooth now and seemed to drive ok,
so what effect will a lighter oil have?

The car should have more steering at lower speeds and be a bit more agile. However you lose stability with a lighter oil. If the oil is too light you will notice that under power one wheel spins too much and this causes some understeer.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

• Like 1

yeee, TBones are a must. 

This little beast thinks its too cool to be running around with an extra Fan+Heatsink... Today i went for a walk and took my E-Firestorm, its not even fun to run with so much power on wet days but i like the backflips on jumps that it can do :) Also at the end i was jumping a set of stairs of about 1.5M high and it was unleashing sparks on the landing :D

2ZFzki4.jpg