• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

First Plane Help

looks good, i did see that one but stupidly didnt like the way it looked, wish i had gone for a cub or something along those lines as they seem good learners

hows the flying going? you broken anything yet? mine seems to be made of cheese lol

yeah im not over fussed on the way it looks tbh mate but its just doing its job for me...they even give u a little under carriage...

flying going very well im very happy landing and taking off my self now had about 10 lessons with my mate whos been flying 17 years.the sim i use helped me out no end mate..

ive not broken owt yet tho my mate wouldnt let me...

Edited by graveyardshift

i think you could be right, it seems really un-responsive. might get the flat one from the sky hawk (?) to see if that helps

Get the T tail off the Soaring Eagle..

TW-738 RC Glider Soaring Eagle Replacement Tail Unit | eBay UK

Just check first that you get the yellow plastic bit that goes through the fuse...

Or buy the whole AFT one and fit your radio gear into it...

TW-738 4Ch RC Glider Airplane Soaring Eagle KIT | eBay UK

Is there no one that can give you a hand setting up the soaring eagle ??? you mate that fly's the Cub ??

well the electrics are out of the glider, took it out today and snapped another prop almost straight away.....

put my final spare on, went to launch it and the tail just fell apart.... snapped clean off, i havent even landed on the tail once! so got stressed and threw it across the field (most flight time its had lol) breaking even more of the tail.

so now i am looking for another plane that i can put my electrics in (pref not another glider) and wondered what you would suggest? i was thinking like something like this i know as a starter i should be getting something with the wings ontop but will something like this be any good for a beginner as it looks quite stable

cheers

oh and i know for the second plane i will need better gear lol

Edited by niallrbroome

does look good but i dont want to spend that much on a plane as im still learning and, as you can see from this thread, dont have the best luck.

Not being funny here , but you get what you pay for...

Those cheap planes / glider aimed at beginners are not really for beginners,

as you have to change / mod something or other on them for them to fly right..

Yeah... I buy the cheapo Skyhawk Glider's ART ( no radio / electrics)

Talk to these fella's...

Guernsey Model Club :good:

They'll help you out...

hey mate, only just seen your post

yeh i work with a guy that has been flying most of his life 40+ years (RC and the real thing) i have been talking with him and getting some tips and just generally doing some re-search. i went away, calmed down and got myself a sim. so much better now (on the sim) when first on it i couldnt go in a straight line lol now i can take off, fly around in a circle, come back in towards me (which took a bit of learning that the controls were flipped when flying towards me) and land all without a hitch (mind you i have spent pretty much all the easter holiday on it lol)

started the sim with me watching the plane from about 3 foot behind it and have gradually gotten further away and am now flying from the pilots (on the ground not in the cockpit) view without too many problems, still the odd crash here and there but mainly when i am arsing about trying to do loops lol

thinking of giving my glider another go (if i can find another v tail...) before i buy anything else, now that i sort of know what i am doing i should be a bit more confident and a bit better with the controlls, at least that way if i stack it again i havent lost anything..

cheers

Niall

Niall check out a small plane made by NINE EAGLES, heard rave reviews about the pop on / off prop and its simple and smooth flying style

youtube have a few vids of them buzzing over a pond :D

Who's selling the NINE EAGLES in the UK...

are't they mini scale planes????