• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

edinburgh bashing spots

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Checking in from Edinburgh. I've just finished building my first model a few days ago and, after learning basics of driving it in the back garden yesterday, I decided to give it a proper bash in a larger setting somewhere local. I went to the first spot that came to mind - an empty field between Seafield water treatment plant and Leith ports:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Edinburgh/@55.9750159,-3.1507442,323m/

Unfortunately, it started raining, so the fun was cut short. However, it looks like a brilliant spot. It's a mixture of grass, dirt, gravel, and a few places with tarmac. It's not completely flat, there's a few mounds of dirt. There's also a lot of discarded car tyres and furniture - good building materials to construct a track, or some jump ramps. It's only partly fenced, no fence at all from Marine Esplanade and no parking restrictions on the road (it's a back road leading to the ports and a few businesses there). I didn't see any signs prohibiting entry. Also, it's well away from any residential area/park, so the noise isn't an issue (I know how important it is for the nitro enthusiasts), and I didn't see any dog walkers around.

• Like 1