• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

edinburgh bashing spots

were in Queensferry not far out of Edinburgh and we use Craigie Quarry , but are gonna be looking at a couple of spots in broxburn near or on the bings there , just not had the weather to check em out

what part of Edinburgh are you in ?

were in Queensferry not far out of Edinburgh and we use Craigie Quarry , but are gonna be looking at a couple of spots in broxburn near or on the bings there , just not had the weather to check em out

what part of Edinburgh are you in ?

the bings in broxburn are a good place to bash i used to go there with a few mates on motorbikes yrs and yrs ago

allkeep a eye on this thread for sure

cheers guys,il have to pop along to the quarry for a look,is it unused?no security?easy to find? i know about the bings, the guys in marrionville showed me the mta4 vid they did there,mental lol,wester hailes,currie

Edited by nitrojunkie_69

at least your right side of edinburgh , the quarry is unused , but you do get other folks using it motorbikes etc and horses sometimes

if you come off a90 at kirkliston junction and go past cragie hall , theres a sign along road on right for craigie farm turn right up there and at top of straight bit theres derelict house park there and the entrance to quarry is there , theres 2 bits , 1st bit is tarmac and good if theres been lot of rain but if you walk onto end of tarmac theres a bit up to right go up there and thats the quarry proper

kool il pop along when the weathers better,just read a bit on the bings, police are stopping bikes going up there, as 1 or more of the bings are owned by Hopetoun Estates,and they wont give any one permission to use them,so i dont know about the buggies mts ect, must just be the noise i guess, as walkers, horse riders use them, and dont get stopped,cant see a prob when there not being used for anything,

Have to say I use the quarry at Craggie all the time - its pretty good as you can find almost all types of terrain (tarmac for speed, loose rock for jumps, grass for a bit of everything):good:

Only thing is watch out for the trees in the top bit - I have broken a few arms in there!:whistling:

Just thinking - its getting close to bashing season!!!B)

Edited by kilted32

well were all just back from the quarry after having a wee bash about 3 hours , god the Trophy Truggy and Hyper 7 are nuts , great fun was had good.gif

Edited by Stormbringer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

we have a private grass track just outside hawick 50 mins south of edinburgh, we run hyper 7 8 and 9s, nothing serious just a decent bash at weekends if your interested?

i know where Hawick is and that sounds cool i'll pm you when were gonna come down and find out the details if thats ok good.gif

hi there i stay in falkirk im allways looking for some possible bash sites will keep u informed if u could do the same that would be great

well were in Queensferry so its not far for us to Falkirk area so will keep in touch good.gif

• 9 years later...
6 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

its at Craigie farm sort of between Dalmenny and Kirkliston but a few years ago they put a big fence round it and theres no access to it now 😞

Yeah, in found the same issue when I arrived at the first Bing before you get to Winchburgh. About 15 years ago I used to take my motorbike up there, but can no longer get access. 

IMG_6561.jpeg

1 minute ago, Graeme - Edinburgh said:

Curious if anyone has any tips on where I can go? Have only recently got back into the hobby, so keen to explore areas to go without the usual issue of dogs etc. 

were the same when the quarry got closed we stopped going out with the cars/trucks and only got back into it recently 

i beleive theres a quarry between Linlithgow and Polmont  but not had chance to check it out owing to lockdown

not sure but years ago some folks in Edinburgh were using Saughton park never used it myself 

9 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

were the same when the quarry got closed we stopped going out with the cars/trucks and only got back into it recently 

i beleive theres a quarry between Linlithgow and Polmont  but not had chance to check it out owing to lockdown

not sure but years ago some folks in Edinburgh were using Saughton park never used it myself 

Oh, is there a BMX park at Saughton or do you mean the skate park?

this is more of a trail/crawler as opposed to proper crawler but it is a good kit and theres an owners section 

Everclear did a build on it

and heres my 1 

link to kit

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=427474

and theres an 2 rtr's as well

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=425908

Hope that helps :good:

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

this is more of a trail/crawler as opposed to proper crawler but it is a good kit and theres an owners section 

Everclear did a build on it

and heres my 1 

link to kit

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=427474

and theres an 2 rtr's as well

Hope that helps :good:

Thank you. I’ll take a look. Any thoughts on the Element Gatekeeper?