• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any middlesex/watford bashers?

stretch

Question to the soldering experts:

If a EC5 connector that I have tried to solder and the wire has become detached and the connector has old solder inside, is it now ruined?

I spent hours last night doing just 2 lipo's. It's doing my nut in, so if anyone wants to take this pain away please can I have a show of hands :thumbsup:

i used a set of mole grips and held the EC5 over the gas ring...gets it hot enough to melt the solder and you can either tap it out or dob in the newly tinned wire ..ideally you need 3 hands (but the operation is pricey and your shirts never fit)

• Like 1

Cheers, but I have plenty of hands already.

I only need to solder 1 connector to a lipo thats on 8awg wire, thats posing difficult. I dont really want to spend anymore money on anything.

Panos - Are we seeing you this weekend?

Edited by Dazmania

Woohoo I'm getting rpm trutracs and rpm fronts for my birthday, lucky me :) Shame I have to wait till xmas day :(

Has anyone ever tried using corrosion x to waterproof there esc's ?

Hi Brett, I haven't personally, but plenty of people do. Thing is, why? Wet running is fun, but the after care is huge, strip this, strip that, it goes on and on. I don't bother anymore, too much grief, a neat trick for puddle splashing is the shower cap method, I can show you on the weekend if you like?

It was only a thought, Vlads given me a custom fit cover for the revo which I can use for splashing about if need be. I was thinking of using corrosion x as security against any mishaps as esc's are pricey now I'm on a two day week :( roll on next year :)

Good idea Bret, wouldn't want you driving into a river and running the risk of killing it like one of our members did, but we won't mention an names will we CLIVE :lol:

It was only a thought, Vlads given me a custom fit cover for the revo which I can use for splashing about if need be. I was thinking of using corrosion x as security against any mishaps as esc's are pricey now I'm on a two day week :( roll on next year :)

Yeah, use that, it'll be more than enough protection. I don't mind the odd puddle even without protection, the Revo shell is such a snug fit that virtually nothing gets in.

Bus lane ****ing camera letter! **** you hillingdon council!

You plum, what bus lane ? Most are 7am-10am and 4pm-7pm.