• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

You may have come to a slightly biased thread for an answer to that question....

Ha, perfectly valid point but I still want your lots opinions.

Its a LST Aftershock apparently.....looks ok, got OK servos and a Losi 454 engine, the clutch has worn apparently so a new one is needed for the two speed setup....is the LST Aftershock a worthy truck? is it work the swap for my buggy? I would say I am expecting something valued in the region of

Hi Folks, I have the opportunity to trade my Losi 8ight brushless buggy for an LST 1.

Should I be concerned about anything? are they any good?

Cheers.

Be aware that there are some quite significant differences between the LST(1) and LST2 or XXXL. The LST2 is much stronger and more durable than it's predecessor, getting an LST to LST2 spec isn't going to be cheap.

I think the chassis rails are beefier, the A-Arms, rear fixed hubs, c-hubs, steering knuckles, CVD's are all stronger than those on the LST.

Find out if it's have any of those upgrades to see if it's a worthwhile trade.

Ha, perfectly valid point but I still want your lots opinions.

Its a LST Aftershock apparently.....looks ok, got OK servos and a Losi 454 engine, the clutch has worn apparently so a new one is needed for the two speed setup....is the LST Aftershock a worthy truck? is it work the swap for my buggy? I would say I am expecting something valued in the region of

I have found the Losi LST1/Aftershock to LST2 upgrade kit. Take a look, hopefully it will show you all the parts that are different :)

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=24598&gclid=CjwKEAiAoo2mBRD20fvvlojj5jsSJABMSc7jnAjEfCNHqiayp0TNyoq_8KbYKSU_m8C5pxEIW0m6uxoC-57w_wcB

Definitely give that a miss. I would want to pay under 200 for that if not below 150 !I paid 350 for my used xxl. Saying that all the lst I've seen... Seem overpriced lately.

Yeah, it seems especially the older or lower spec ones, people seem to think they`re worth mint xxl money.

Definitely give that a miss. I would want to pay under 200 for that if not below 150 !I paid 350 for my used xxl. Saying that all the lst I've seen... Seem overpriced lately.

I am kicking myself for dithering over a 90% complete xxl chassis that sold recently on eBay. It was

So im progressing with the build... and I noticed a clunky noise when accelerating. I also get a red light and light beeping as Im coming out of the neutral range.... is this normal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK3cbOv7kjE&feature=youtu.be

Is my mesh tight enough?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9hNMspM7RxaSnBqdFd6dVpTeVU/view?usp=sharing

That sounds pretty similar to mine, Just tighten the mesh so there is just the smallest tick of play when you hold the pinion and Rock the spur back and forth. That should see it good. Mines a bit bruised at mo, but I'll post a vid of it on the bench if it helps.