• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

Yeah all good here B, work, work, work is the only downer. Just a shame that doesn't equal money, money, money...lol

Hopefully get a new Nitro engine for the LST2 at some point this year. I will finish the XXXL build one day... Lol

Have a look at these....

http://losiforums.net/showthread.php?t=113

http://losiforums.net/showthread.php?t=85

The grind huh!! Yeah never seems to work that way either... Glad you kept the best ones though!!

Edited by SmugR
  • Like 1

I was going to ask if anyone else was having trouble with them, when I posted them they were fine, but yesterday I couldn't get on losi forum.net at all. Big shame if it's all gone.

The LST Forums have been on and off for a couple years now. Nobody really know what's going on with them, they're missing for weeks or months at a time, then back only for a short time before disappearing again.

One of the guys from there started a new forum and most of the guys from the LST Forums were there but that too appears to have vanished, at least the link I have isn't working... Weird.

Edit- Haha... That'll teach me for posting and reading properly. The link was the Losi Forums, not LST Forums... Still weird...

Edited by JayJ

OK so I checked out the diffs last night as i noticed some leakage and opened the blue aluminium casing to find the whole thing covered in oil, this LST has sat still for the best part of 2 years, is there suppose to be oil on the outside of the inner black plastic casing?

The fact it's clean suggests they've been rebuilt recently or at least topped up. It could be either, the four screws weren't tightened enough or the paper gasket is damaged.

I'd take the four screw's out and check what it's like in there. In all honesty, if your going brushless then your best rebuilding them and shimming them to avoid any play and therefore wear.

Edited by JayJ

Its likely to have just seeped out of the diff case over time...

Edit, we must have been replying at the same time J, plus the hd diff cases are highly recommended for brushless and would replace those, unless your lucky and someone already fitted some for you....

Edited by SmugR

They can be a little fiddly, there should be a round platic yoke type part that the driveshaft goes through, this has a groove in that locates onto the chassis, if this isn`t seated right, it won`t go together right.

Edit, did you open up the plastic diff cases? if the diff pins go into metal plates that slide into slots in the side of the diff case, then you do indeed have a hd diff case.

Edited by SmugR

Got a box in the post today! Thanks JayJ cant wait to fit it all!!! Just a few more bits to buy...

Im struggling with battery and charger still, Ive read posts for 4s 5s and 6s with varying reviews (some stripping gears and burning escs!!) Im not looking for back flips just want some something easy to run

Any pinion ideas? safer to use a plastic one? 

JayJ is the spur on the FOC gearbox a 63t?

Any ideas why this wont line up?? its the rear end, ive put it all back together after a clean and it only pulls together under stress?

16094841340_efcc76ef3c_k.jpg

Seems you are missing a plastic brace that sits between the hinge pins and side rails.

Like this.

DSC03215.jpg

sorry should have left it in for the pic, there is still a gap with it in, ill be taking it apart and trying again tomorrow! Thanks for the help

what lipo do you use in yours?

Got a box in the post today! Thanks JayJ cant wait to fit it all!!! Just a few more bits to buy...

Im struggling with battery and charger still, Ive read posts for 4s 5s and 6s with varying reviews (some stripping gears and burning escs!!) Im not looking for back flips just want some something easy to run

Any pinion ideas? safer to use a plastic one? 

JayJ is the spur on the FOC gearbox a 63t?

sorry should have left it in for the pic, there is still a gap with it in, ill be taking it apart and trying again tomorrow! Thanks for the help

what lipo do you use in yours?

Sure there was still a small gap in mine?.. Long as everything lines up for the bumper and skid plate it will be fine.

I used Turnigy 6s bricks. I don't have it anymore but here is the build thread http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/155274-dannyps-savage-slaying-super-truck/

• Like 1

Yep, just went on ebay to look for something else and they showed up in my searches. Had to double check they weren't for the Mini LST at that price! I guess they go in the box of things to be installed....