• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

shame to hear that mate :( I will check out your thread for sure!

I havent had any time for rc this year really, bought a house so been crazy busy working on it :(

Just time for me to move on :thumbsup:

Best of luck with the house mate, keep at it and it'll be done. I've got jobs I put off 5+ years ago that still need doing lol

Can you add me...I have an Aftershock that has many LST2 additions and LST racer shell.

cheers

IMG_1307.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

Looking good :thumbsup:

Well my LST2 is still off the road atm, the perils of owning a Baja I suppose. lol

Having said that my LST2 will be back on the road probably after Christmas but it'll be slightly greener, yup a BL converted LST2 and it's all Chris's fault!

Well my LST2 is still off the road atm, the perils of owning a Baja I suppose. lol

Having said that my LST2..... will be back on the road probably after Christmas but it'll be slightly greener, yup a BL converted LST2 and it's all Chris's fault!

My LST2..... has turned into a Gibson Les Paul :035: lol

It's gonna be one fine looking brushless / solid built LST2 Jay :thumbsup: ...guessing 6S?

You got to do a build thread, LSTForums.com is up for sale (no access to all those build threads!) and most guys moved over to Losiforums.net now.

Forum is still working fine for me?

Gonna talk with 2Dmax on Facebook and see what's happening, Ahmet confused.

My LST is still needing some body posts and shock stabdoffs to get her running. Dads lst running good, RWD with FOC and just fitted a HB .26 into it, wheelie fun!

Keep on trucking :sweeeet:

Ahmet's right, the LST Forums are back up but they have definitely been down the last week or so as I too have been trying to get on there!?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Swyped from a distant star, the other side of the Galaxy on my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Got an e-lst xxl if that counts. excellent trucks

002-1.jpg Old pick but it still looks the same 3674mm motor nothing huge but still feels like the most perky rc car i have.

Edited by Baja 5b

Well my losi xxl was rubbish, had a few good runs, then broke 2 pull starters fairly rapidly, the second time was the second time i pulled it making sure i was extremely careful. Thats my first annoyance then the car decided to not work, wouldn't change into gear and just revved.

Took it to my local hobby shop and they didn't even know what was going on so they have bought some parts for it including inner parts for the engine ( ? ) and then a new fuel tank (?!) I have no idea whats going on but i just want it back, it was so fun to use. Guess i got a complete lemon! Unfair :(

• 1 month later...

could anyone of you please weigh your LST shocks? 4 with oil of course, either stock or alu. I am thinking of using them in my savage but it already has LST ATX wheels/tires and is getting a bit fat ( 6,5kg RTR now) and I wouldnt like to overweight :D it too much if these shocks are as heavy as they look. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Hi all. Kinda quiet round here!?

Anybody else, other than me or Atom rocking the new LRP .32 engine in your LST? Or has everybody either switched to leccy, or are no longer an LST owner?

I've still got my LST2, it's "E" converted mind but I'm missing Nitro so will be converting it back at some point.

Before converting it I had intended on putting an LRP ZR .30 Spec 2 in but then LRP released the ZR .32 so I was going with that but then had the chance at a well priced Castle 1717, MMM, mounts and stuff so went with those.

Will put the conversion kit up for sale at some point and get the .32, sooner rather that later hopefully...

Swyped from my AOKP ICS powered GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Cool, let us know how you get on. I think the LRP.32 may come to be a popular engine choice for the big monster trucks. Was hoping to run a few more tanks in today, but the weather has been pretty awful this afternoon.

One thing that became pretty apparent to me yesterday: I think I need some new servos! The brakes (despite running twin discs)are getting pretty lousy, as is the steering.

Any recommendations for new steering and throttle/brake servos? I've heard some mentions of a BAC steering mod.Could anyone please enlighten me?

Thanks for the reply there. Cant maybe stump up that kind of cash, but will look into some Hi-tec servos...

Are the Hitec servos a straight swap? ie are the servo splines the same as the stock servos?

Random question but can I be added to the list with my Losi Muggy even thought it's a hybrid monster truck. It does share the same complete front and rear and as the LST2 and i think it shares around half the components in total!

One thing that became pretty apparent to me yesterday the brakes are getting pretty lousy

Really? Mine used to do front flips on the stock setup. I went down to a single disc setup. Think you need to look at your throttle linkage :yes:

Yeah that's a pretty good call from Danny, I had my brakes turned right down because of front flips. The LST serieses linkage gives some great adjustability so check there first.

Also forgot this on my last post but the BAC link, it replaces the stock link and is stronger. It is also longer so gives the LST a tighter turning radius and this also saves your servo's because you can turn down the endpoints. For the few dollars they cost, a worth while mod.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys. Checked my linkages, there was an 1/8" gap between the servo horn and the spring which butts up against the linkage end stop. So I removed that gap by moving the end stop and I've gained a little more brakes. My EPAs are at 100% on brakes though, so the servo has nothing more to give. I may look at stronger servos sometime in the future. I'm running all stock servos still. What servos can just be dropped in? The Hitec ones? I'm just concerned about splines on servo horns mating that's all. Especially the steering servos.

Speaking of steering servos (again!), could you possibly link me to the parts for the BAC linkage mod?

Many thanks if you can. :-)

Glad you got the braking sorted, as my LST2 is "E" converted and I'd completely forgot about linkages so Danny deserves the credit for that one.

The BAC steering link, link here (no pun intended)...

http://www.overdriverc.com/proddetail.php?prod=BAC002-Bad-Ass-Creations-Steering-Link-Ver.-2.0-%2B3%2F16-extra-heavy-duty-for-LST-2-XXL-Aftershock-Raminator-Mega-Baja&cat=171

Easy to fit, full instructions included. You'll need a 1/8" drill bit to bore out the steering bell cranks because this link is thicker than stock, easy.

As for the Hitec servo's, unfortunately they are not a direct replacement. Firstly it's quite a tight fit, you may need to bore out the hole in the chassis a little plus the servo splines are different. If you want to fit Hitec then you can use these servo savers...

http://www.overdriverc.com/proddetail.php?prod=ASC25166-Team-Associated-Servo-Saver-Hitec&cat=171

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2