• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

I cleaned them the other day with the hose ouside lol, but took ages with the airline trying to dry the whole truck lol

yeah I love the look of those eds drivers! do they come in imperial sizes aswell I guess?

I bought all mine from JE SPares, as that's local to me.

Yeah they do Imperial...I think however the LST need at least 1 metric driver!

I tend to use my tools to rebuild, but electric screw driver to strip down! Saves sooo much time!

Edited by vimto2000

Do you mean roll cage? If so the new era one is supposed to be the only choice. But being from the states....delivery costs a fortune!

Just a heads up for the XXL guys, the New Era roll bar wont fit the XXL chassis. Alot of the guys using the New Era roll bar on XXL chassis have had to re-wield the bar to make it fit the XXL chassis, bit of info HERE

Sign me up dtokez! Will have my XXL friday :good:

Comes with a RED body :P Cannot wait to get it up and running! Will strip it down and thread lock everything. Will also open the diffs and clean them out (if they have anything in them) and fill with diff oil. Saying that not sure on what diff oil to use.... Will have a search, going to order few bits and pieces. Is there anything you guys would say i should get now? Thanks B)

Hi mate, just curious as to where you had it from?

Just noticed you bought it from Dave.

Well that truck you have was mine. All the things that needed doing have already been done :good:

I never even started her up. I just decided it made sense to stick with the ST Pro's. So I swapped my XXL with Daves ST Pro kit (which also used to be mine!) :lol:

List of what was done before sale:

One of the front shocks was leaking when delivered so it was stripped, rebuilt and re-oiled.

Front and rear diffs were stripped down and checked, then put back together making sure the mesh was just right with the pinion.

Tranny was taken out and stripped. All screws, gears etc were checked.

Slipper clutch was checked, and clutch bell screw was locktited.

All drive shaft grub screws were locktited

All CVD grub screws were locktited

All wheel nuts were locktited

We spent 5 hrs getting all the little jobs done.

So it should be ready to go mate, as I know Dave never ran it after I worked on it. :)

Edited by PRAETORIAN

Just noticed you bought it from Dave.

Well that truck you have was mine. All the things that needed doing have already been done :good:

I never even started her up. I just decided it made sense to stick with the ST Pro's. So I swapped my XXL with Daves ST Pro kit (which also used to be mine!) :lol:

List of what was done before sale:

One of the front shocks was leaking when delivered so it was stripped, rebuilt and re-oiled.

Front and rear diffs were stripped down and checked, then put back together making sure the mesh was just right with the pinion.

Tranny was taken out and stripped. All screws, gears etc were checked.

Slipper clutch was checked, and clutch bell screw was locktited.

All drive shaft grub screws were locktited

All CVD grub screws were locktited

All wheel nuts were locktited

We spent 5 hrs getting all the little jobs done.

So it should be ready to go mate, as I know Dave never ran it after I worked on it. :)

Yeah got it from Dave, nice bloke :good:

Truck was mint and def never had a drop of fuel in it. I did see on Dave's feedback that you had swapped a few times with him :lol:

Everything was fine except the shock was still leaking so replaced the seal and the gear mesh was a little out ;)

It fired up on first turn over and i ran two tanks with it ticking over, three tanks have gone through it at just 1/4 and done another 1/4 to1/2 throttle.

Running super rich!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoRvujW2kjM

Since then i have put 55w oil in the shocks, pulled the diffs out to change the grease to oil(not opened diffs yet)

Hopefully the weather is good the weekend so i can finish breaking it in :D

Oh and Dtokez the ARB kit comes as a set,front and rear. Comes with four bars of different thickness :good:

Everything was fine except the shock was still leaking so replaced the seal and the gear mesh was a little out ;)

Hmm, I'm suprised it was still leaking. Was there deffinately oil coming out of the shock and leaking onto the arms? Or did you see the oil stains inside the box and think it was still leaking? (they were there when it was delivered originally)

I did wonder about the gear mesh. But we set it to the same as Andy's and he hasnt had any problems at all. We did the paper test on it and it seemed spot on, but I'm not ecactly an expert on MT's :D

Anyways, glad you like it. :good:

• Like 1

At least you got it to run. Mine instantly stalled as soon as I touch the throttle. Had to lean the LSN to get it to go. Have not touched the HSN yet as still breaking it in. It's a little to cold here in the south east never got the temperature up to 200 F even with the shell in place.

Hmm, I'm suprised it was still leaking. Was there deffinately oil coming out of the shock and leaking onto the arms?

Anyways, glad you like it. :good:

Like it! I LOVE IT :wub: Just want to get it filthy!

Yeah was def leaking. Oil was sat in the spring retainer and over shaft, all sorted now :good: The mesh i only noticed when i took the gear cover off yesterday. Just moved it over a tad. Was fine but i have only ran slow speeds and don't want to strip the gears :lol:

Mulds mine is the same it takes for ever to pull off because its soooooo rich! Ive not touched the needles yet, once i have got ten tanks through it. Change plug and tuning time :insane:

:heh: @ Ting! EDIT You decided what to get then? XXL.....? Ebay...Cheap.....Go on ;)

Edited by DannyP

yeah mate :( its only 1 out of the two arms, clean break! but doubt it will hold on for long lol

rear diff outdrive bro, still bloody waiting for it, but on the plus side ive got a complete diff including half shaft from centre so that should be cool :)

how u finding your beast? luv mine so much lol. got a clear body on the way too :good:

edit - cheers 4 linky mate :) just got some off ebay thou, UK stock and says 2-3 working days. fingers crossed ill be rollin by next weekend :good:

Edited by dtokez

Love it mate :wub: Put 10 tanks through it now so will change plug tomorrow and start leaning it out :insane:

Ive got a spare set of shock towers here mate and spare diff outdrives in the post that may turn up tomorrow so your more than welcome to take mine until yours turn up if you want to get going this weekend.

My rotostart has broke already :cussing2: Only used it 7-8 times :boohoo: Motor turns at high rpm but the starter shaft doesn't spin much and wont crank the engine over. Battery is brand new a fully charged. Something has broke between the motor and part were the starter shaft goes. Will have to take it apart and have a look tomorrow.

wicked :) mine defo needs some tuning, looking foward to having a fiddle lol

nice one bro, apprieciate that :good: might be an idea!

devo! i heard the roto's were a bit weak :( any chance of getting it replaced by merlin you think? sounds like the drive axel dont it :confused: not seen inside but looks like it might be a 540 motor or the next size up, I wonder what the chances are of replacing it? at least you got the pull start though, i've lost mine aint it lol. ive got a spare hpi starter that came with my trophy so be interesting to see how that compares to the losi

Edited by dtokez

I got my Losi from Dave on here so no chance of a replacement :confused: I will let you know if the outdrives turn up tomorrow and we can meet up so you can come out Sunday :good:

Yeah something in between the motor and were the shaft goes has broke or maybe came loose? Grub screw...? It still turns the shaft just not as fast as the motor.. or am i clutching at straws now...

Don't mind using pullstart, i prefer it but where the engine is so tight i have to be careful not to snap the pullstart. Just means backing off the glow plug a bit until it fires up.

cheers bro that would be good :)

mine might even arrive tomorrow, it did get posted monday hopefully its at least in the country by now haha.

oh yeah course mate, and he got it off prae didnt he. fingers crossed something as simple as it slipping on the shaft so u can fix it up!

have u tried a pullstart yet?

u mean so some air can escape around the plug so the compression aint so high mate?