• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

Hi guys. What tyres would fit the XXL? I want to get spare tyres but don't know which one will fit.

Regarding that receiver box...I'm thinking of putting a rubber around the edge of the lid so that it seals it when it's closed. Still looking for what material to use.

Cheers ive pushed them all in now :) looks neater.

Mulds, Im not sure mate? Hopefully someone will know what will fit. I guess any 1/8 scale mt tyres?

@ Guns, I did wonder but i think they have made it clear so the led in the spektrum rx shows thru? they really could have made an effort to water proof it though haha!

I dont know how big it is in comparrison for savages etc, but it is daammmmn massive lol

Hi guys. What tyres would fit the XXL? I want to get spare tyres but don't know which one will fit.

Regarding that receiver box...I'm thinking of putting a rubber around the edge of the lid so that it seals it when it's closed. Still looking for what material to use.

All 3.8 and proline 40 series tyres fit the standard losi wheels

Cheers Boro :)

what wheels would fit as replacements? I would like to get s spare set of tyres & wheels

@nosmonkey +1 for where to get the ram shell ;) also, seen it quite a bit, is the hose and cable ties around the head for protection from roll overs or something?

I'm doing my break in at the mo. Truck started after a few pulls on the pullstart. Idling constantly. Low temps tho. 197 at the moment. Started reving up and overheating about 3/4 tank left so leaned on the LHS and was good again.

Managed to run 2 tanks of fuel. had to stop for now as the neighbours are getting a bit annoyed I think. Everything went well except on the second tank, could anly manage up to 204 f on the temp.

anyway. managed to get some photos:

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

Edited by Mulds

it looks nice n clean mate :)

what do you mean about could only get to 205f temp?

I had my first breakage today, hit a rock and the bit on the hub where the steering arm connects had broken off :(

Yep it's still clean. The maximum temperature I got on teh second tank was 205 degrees fehrenheit on the DX3S. It was mosly averaging between 185 to 195. That was after adjusting the LSN.

That break looks painful man... Hav a look at Ebay US loads of spare parts there. At least it looks like its a simple repair. What speed was it doing when it happened?

B2104 I think it is.

Check this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...f0#ht_524wt_907 or http://cgi.ebay.com/Losi-Carriers-Spindles-pr-LST2-MUG-XXL-losb2104-/160543283441?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item25612018f1#ht_556wt_907

Edited by Mulds

heres the breakage..

IMG_9974a.JPG

I'm just looking at the exploded drawings now, could someone confirm that it is PN. B2104 that I need?

cheers :good:

Hey dtokez,

I've had a break on the same part of the Hub :confused: , common weak spot. Either get a few of the stock parts (you got the correct part number) or upgrade to new era hubs & carrier.

cheers Mulds for the ebay link.

Ive got a couple on order now :)

78.8 - it does look a bit weak aswell for the stress that it is under when taking a bash!

any links to new era parts mate? Hop ups worry me sometimes because If that part didnt break I wonder what would have broken instead LOL

cheers Mulds for the ebay link.

Ive got a couple on order now :)

78.8 - it does look a bit weak aswell for the stress that it is under when taking a bash!

any links to new era parts mate? Hop ups worry me sometimes because If that part didnt break I wonder what would have broken instead LOL

Yeah one of the weakest parts of the truck sadly. Agreed mate, somethings got to give with the amount of stress placed on parts of the truck when bashing, comes down to which parts you dont mind replacing as they're cheap / available & most likely to stop any further damage or trying to build it so it never breaks...but thats expensive and bound to fail somewhere lol.

New Era parts can be found Here & here

Sign me up dtokez! Will have my XXL friday :good:

Comes with a RED body :P Cannot wait to get it up and running! Will strip it down and thread lock everything. Will also open the diffs and clean them out (if they have anything in them) and fill with diff oil. Saying that not sure on what diff oil to use.... Will have a search, going to order few bits and pieces. Is there anything you guys would say i should get now? Thanks B)

@78.8 thats it mate, I reckon if the steering knuckle didn't break the steering linkage probably would have which looks harder and maybe more expensive lol

@ dannyP serious bro thats wicked :) your guna luv it mate its the biggest badest truck out there tongue.gif So we guna have a blue & now red XXL blazin round Southampton soon mate! When you guna have it running? Not sure if mine will be this weekend :(