• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage Flux owner club

bulletflux 345

The stock servo is underpowered but it's normal that the wheels don't turn as much when not moving when you don't have a very strong servo. I have a 20kg savox and even that needs the endpoint turned up to turn the wheels while stationary but when moving it's fine.

have uou any pics of where you've wired your BEC if your running 1. Ive bought the hitec 7955 but not sure where to wire my castle 10a bec

How long are people getting out of the diffs on these? last weekend the rear 9t input gear snapped 5 teeth off it, this week the front has snapped 4 off....I do do some stupid jumps though :)

I did buy it second hand so they may have already had a lot of wear, I just don't want to be fixing these every other week haha

Has anyone done a centre diff conversion and locked the centre diff?

I put some 100k oil in my centre diff and the front tyres balloon a lot so was going to put some 500k oil in the diff and try again but got thinking, why not lock it?

Pros, cons anyone?

I've just fitted the HD top drive gear but some how have a problem with it.

I installed exactly the same way as the original and have re-checked it countless times.

The problem is the truck sounds really bad, a loud grinding noise and its hard to move free hand back and forth.

I ran it for 2 mins to see if it just needed beding in, but that has resulted in slight damage to the new gear.

It seems as though the new gear is sitting too far over, with the meshing gear half sitting in the groove which the HD gear has. 

I searched for answers but there seems to be no one else with this problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Oodboo you want thinner oil in the diff not thicker and locking it will only make the front tyres lift and balloon more it isn't a buggy or truggy its a truck so you want all the diffs to have equal thickness of oil in them

Oodboo you want thinner oil in the diff not thicker and locking it will only make the front tyres lift and balloon more it isn't a buggy or truggy its a truck so you want all the diffs to have equal thickness of oil in them

Hmm, not sure about that. I thought the front wheels were spinning up a lot faster due to thinner oil, heavier oil would then even up the front/rear power distribution. Granted, that would lead to more wheelies but I can live with that. Have I really got this all wrong?

Which Hobbyking lipos fit in the Savage Battery trays? Looking for maximum mah and 2s and 3s. Most of them are too tall. Could someone link me to some that fit?

Hardcase 2s these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__29003__Turnigy_5000mAh_2S1P_7_4v_30C_hardcase_pack_ROAR_APPROVED_UK_Warehouse_.HTML fit perfectly in the new boxes with plenty of room so you'll need the foam inserts

3s I can't help you with I'm still trying to find some suitable as I don't fancy soft case lipos in a savage with that sort of power

HPI and Orion do custom fit 3s batteries for the battery boxes. Really long and match the shape of the lid to maximise te space they're like 8000mah but are pretty pricy. Around

Total bollocks - was going for a run in my flux today and noticed the tires the wrong way round. Got torque wrench out to remove wheel and change over and stripped the nut as it did not budge! Ended up with a round nut and unable to get it off! Removed the upright with some fiddling and managed to get the wheel off - can't budge that nut at all. What a nightmare.

Just added up replacement parts for that little cock up -

Total bollocks - was going for a run in my flux today and noticed the tires the wrong way round. Got torque wrench out to remove wheel and change over and stripped the nut as it did not budge! Ended up with a round nut and unable to get it off! Removed the upright with some fiddling and managed to get the wheel off - can't budge that nut at all. What a nightmare.

Just added up replacement parts for that little cock up -

Does anyone know how much a HPI 17mm hex conversion set with universal joint axle would go for used? I've got this installed on my savage but I reckon it's just gonna snap so I might aswell try get some money back for new heavy duty ones. I can only find one place selling it for

• 2 weeks later...

First run with my newly converted Savage Flux. Used all original HPI Parts so i think i can call it a HP... anyway i think im addicted to something called a standing backflip lol

In that clip 4s tried 6s yesterday but it was harder to do a backflip. I think my slipper nut came loose a little so did it up as tight as it will go with an extra long wrench and plenty of lock tight

But on 6s was wayyy to much power lol it would at half throttle do a backflip with just a little tap lol. Too much for my little road haha

In that clip 4s tried 6s yesterday but it was harder to do a backflip. I think my slipper nut came loose a little so did it up as tight as it will go with an extra long wrench and plenty of lock tightBut on 6s was wayyy to much power lol it would at half throttle do a backflip with just a little tap lol. Too much for my little road haha

Strange cos my brand new savage flux hp won't backflip on 4s - mind you I have not tried on asphalt. Just dirt tracks and grass.

Had it on grass today. Got through all 3 pairs of lipos. 2 runs with 4s it would backflip on grass. Then after about 15mins on 6s Something went wrong :( Not sure what it is yet but i thing either the rear bevel gear or rear diff gear has broken as there was a loss of power to the rear wheels as if something was slipping... Will have to investigate to know exactly but i now know not to run 6s :( Anyone else broke "bulletproof" gears before?