• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Just bought a nitro Tamiya

TMaxxDave

Hey all, was bidding on a Tamiya Nitro TGS on eBay, didn't mean to win it, but I have. For the grand total of 24quid. With lots of spares inc a couple of engines and radio gear.

Has anyone got one? What's your thoughts on them?

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

They are pretty much the nitro version of the electric TT-01 and were very popular with a Subaru shell.

It'll most likely be fitted with a 12 engine,and on a plus side spares are easy to get hold of :)

Overall they are not bad to mess about with,and for the price a bargain!

• 2 weeks later...

Right. Finally got into having a proper look at this today. 3 engines included. All incomplete one way or another. The FS Tam engine is seized. The other 2 are free with good compression. One is a .12 JBA? The other is a 3.0 HPI Firestorm engine. Massive jump in engine sizes. The front shock tower is goosed. Snapped completely. The tyres are all shot. The drivetrain is fine but the brake mech needs some TLC. Its going to be a slow rebuild as im concentrating on my Maxx and a 4Tec.