• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Be careful of people responding to wanted adverts

Carpmart

Below is a sequence of pm's from this afternoon. The style of responses is quite empathetic and cleverly tries to build trust. Be very careful people. You've all worked hard for your money and there are people trying to steal it!

are you still after a tonegawa servo matey?

i have a 24v ssps105 one

make me an offer if you are interested

thanks

Jim

Carpmart

MSUK Regular

• photo-thumb-23932.gif?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,226 posts

• RC Cars:2 x Losi 5ive T, 5b Shorty, full carbon 5B, FG Road, Hyper 8.5, Losi EU, 2 x Losi XXL, 2 x Hong Nor CRT + loads

Sent Today, 03:08 PM

Hi Jim

Yes I am, how did you find me?

What kind of money are you after please?

Harvey

Full size racing for me again in 2012, in the British Superlite Championship. Happy Days!

My MSUK feedback - http://www.msuk-foru...25970-carpmart/

JimmyN

Just Registered

• photo-thumb-27721.png?_r=1343235486
  • Members
  • 0 posts

• RC Cars:Hyper 7

Sent Today, 03:13 PM

Saw your advert in the wanted section matey, i have one, that is in absolutely mint condition, it isnt brand new, but like i say, its just as good!

how does

• Like 3

The moral of this story is clear....

1) Take sensible precautions

2) Ask for specific details that confirm the validity of an item

3) Don't accept excuses no matter how 'genuine' they may sound. A scammer might just tell lies........

4) Be wary of payment methods that may leave you exposed and check and double check that you are covered if it goes wrong

5) When you smell a rat...REPORT IT TO THE MODS!

Basically...Carpmart did all these things, and as a result, he did not get scammed. There was the potential for him to be out of pocket, or at least, trying to recover costs from PayPal..and someone out there would be over

• Like 2

There all sick these scammers I hate them, I haven't got any feeback, I don't know how to do it, but ive sold 8 or 9 items on here without a problem, then they come along and mess everyone and everything up. Great one!

that email address comes up often doesn't it? wonder if there is anyway of tracking him down and giving all the details to the police?

either that or we send "the boys" round?

Guys

I understand the sentiment in all the responses and its a shame that people want to try and rip off people in our community, BUT lets keep it all in proportion. However tounge in cheek, suggesting dog turds through the post and sending the boy round are NOT appropriate. We have young members on here who need to understand the risks (minor but worth knowing about) and understand what is a proportionate response.

Read Nitroholics post as its 100% on the money. Let's collectively keep an eye out for each other and 'alert' when we suspect something isn't right. The Mods are very good on this site and will respond quickly to help us all out!

carpmart sending the boys round would help you get you money back or atleast some satisfaction haha only joking but starting to do my head in phone calls scamming ebay now on here aswell cant get away from em now