• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy 4.6 Truggy

Garry

hpi-trophy4-6-3.jpg

Also on display for the first time is the Trophy 4.6 truggy, following along the same lines as the Trophy 3.5, using an older chassis designed which is combined with some bling parts such as wheels and anodised parts together with a pull start engine for a great cost effective entry into this class.

hpi-trophy4-6-2.jpg

hpi-trophy4-6-1.jpg

Source: Red RC

Whens this going to be for sale in the UK?

It has been for sale in the uk for a good few years now but called a lightning stadium.I am looking to get a bashing truggy for the summer and for the rite price i would be tempted as i dont race but with hpi prices at the moment i will have to wait and see.

It does yes, very good looking truck (imo).

you can see what hpi are doing tho keeping with thier recreational stuff while hot bodies pumps out the dogs whatsits in racing gear

keeping the two markets separate but making more money if you see what i mean they are pushing both the brands in defferent directions while offering a broad range and filling price brackets with quality gear in all areas

clever stuff IMO

you can see what hpi are doing tho keeping with thier recreational stuff while hot bodies pumps out the dogs whatsits in racing gear

keeping the two markets separate but making more money if you see what i mean they are pushing both the brands in defferent directions while offering a broad range and filling price brackets with quality gear in all areas

clever stuff IMO

They defo know how to make money don't they :lol:

Reckon the HPI didn't have much to do with HB doing all the racing gear so HB said 'Here, have this.' :lol:

is it me or is that jsut a hellfire in a skirt?

adam

No, its the new HB LSP RTR in a skirt. The only things that are different is the shell, wheels n tires, and the wing. Apart from that its an LSP. Oh and the shocks are from the old LSP, not this one. Look:

http://www.hbeurope.com/kit.php?partNo=66862&lang=en

Sorry but how lazy can HPI bloody get. They already had a good truggy with the hellfire, why rebadge an LSP then pas it off as their own?

Lee.

Edited by m3lyc

They can pass it off as their own because hb and hpi are the same company.I realy think that hpi are selling out a bit here.They have discontinued the Hellfire that was a great basher but bring back to life the lsp.I like the lsp and it was realy the start of the truggy thing but if you are new to rc then you will think the trophy 4.6 is a brand new car which we all know it isnt :(

They can pass it off as their own because hb and hpi are the same company.I realy think that hpi are selling out a bit here.They have discontinued the Hellfire that was a great basher but bring back to life the lsp.I like the lsp and it was realy the start of the truggy thing but if you are new to rc then you will think the trophy 4.6 is a brand new car which we all know it isnt :(

The LSP was the dogs of all truggy's at 1 point - with it also been a KIT so u can make it yourself :)

Shame the LSP Kit was also discontinued - as i wouldnt mind it as my next 1 :)

Ziggy

If u find the Kit version in ur search - do let me know :)

But since its new - i'd expect similar price to the Trophy when new - plus a lil more for the "truggy" factor

Ziggy

I didnt know they did a kit version of the lsp.I know they did the lsp pro that came with ali parts and no engine or electrics but it was already built.Is that the one you mean or do you mean a complete kit in bits?

I didnt know they did a kit version of the lsp.I know they did the lsp pro that came with ali parts and no engine or electrics but it was already built.Is that the one you mean or do you mean a complete kit in bits?

complete kit build i think it was

Ziggy

• 6 months later...
hpitrophy4-6-1.jpg

Seen for the first time back in February, HPI have finally released their Trophy Truggy 4.6. Completely pre-built and ready to go right out of the box, everything is assembled and tuned by professionals. Everything from the engine connections to shocks are perfect before you even open the kit so you don

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

isnt hb hpi s sport division so to speak .hpi s for us lads bashing on the parks.hb s more for the proffesiol track racer.i got the hpi but as it wears and breaks ill upgrade gradully to hb parts.i aint broke any of the upgrade parts tho.think my steering arms fixing srews both bottom 1 s cross threaded.from new .was very anoying

Edited by Deggit

oh me steering servo broke lol upgrade to sf 50.and tyre inserts used model number but when fitted my tyres just felt flat.all model nums match up.so wrong insert in the bag .any 1 else the same prob.