• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

E-Firestorm

JamesChatz

Efirestorm.jpg

E-Firestorm RTR w/DSX-2 Truck Body

Key Features

Composite Main chassis

New DSX-2 body with custom pre-apinted graphics

Adjustable shock positions (3 upper and 3 lower)

Dual pad slipper clutch

All metal gear transmission with 2.6:1 ratio

Steel alloy dog bones and front axles

48P pinion and spur gear

Front and rear 12mm wheel hex adapters

Specs:

Length: 425mm

Width: 327mm

Motor or Engine: 15T Fireball brushed Motor

Speed Control: SC-15 Sport Control ESC w/reverse

Radio: TF-1 transmitter

Servos: HPI SF-1 servo

Soruce:Rcforum.co.kr

I thought HPI would do this but why not go brushless its the way forward like traxxas have with the rustler.

It would interest people alot more and sales would go up.

marty :)

Because a firestorm (or any other hpi 1/10 stadium for that matter) is aimed at people new to the hobby and they want things cheap, anyone who knows enough to want a brushless car wouldn't want a firestorm anyway.

Because a firestorm (or any other hpi 1/10 stadium for that matter) is aimed at people new to the hobby and they want things cheap, anyone who knows enough to want a brushless car wouldn't want a firestorm anyway.

Well from what i have heard mate the firestorm is a cracking stadium truck and can't be compared to the rush evo.

From my memory mate on another thread that you posted in i think you don't like HPI full stop, so if they brought out the top dogs kit form brushless system i still don't think you would buy it.

Why do companies keep posting their products with the shell on? I want to see what the chassis is like. :(

Yeah i agree mate a shells well justa shell, you want to be able to see the lay out of it like will it take different batteries etc

Well from what i have heard mate the firestorm is a cracking stadium truck and can't be compared to the rush evo.

From my memory mate on another thread that you posted in i think you don't like HPI full stop, so if they brought out the top dogs kit form brushless system i still don't think you would buy it.

what i mean was if i was going to buy a brushless 1/10 stadium truck i would choose something like a T4 and a mamba , if they had made it 4wd then they would Be tapping into a new market (well near enough).

i also want to see some 'naked' pics from that pic its a just a normal firstorm with an E on the shell.

Edited by wiggles

ive has 1st hand experience with a firestorm, not nice, the front end is made of plastercine lol, its really soft and weak, the rush was, imo much more robust than the firestorm is, its a horrible machine, but saying that so was the rush........

Hmmmm

new E-Firestorm

Or the New Traxxas Rustler VXL

Why do they make it hard for us? :lol:

I think i'll be hitting traxxas tho - cause i wanna see other build quality's of other companies....

Ziggy

ive has 1st hand experience with a firestorm, not nice, the front end is made of plastercine lol, its really soft and weak, the rush was, imo much more robust than the firestorm is, its a horrible machine, but saying that so was the rush........

Soft and weak? Get your hands on some soft mi3 wishbones......try and break them :lol:

Why is everyone obsessed with mambas? Because they are £150 for esc and motor?

There are a lot of better quality BLs out there :rolleyes:;)

Why is everyone obsessed with mambas? Because they are £150 for esc and motor?

aswered your own question there, granted the motors arent the best, but peopel run 1/8 buggy's on 4s lipos with the esc's with no trouble.

The rush evo's front weren't that bad!

and the firestorms is the same stuff!

I've crashed alot of times... and its not really that broke except missing screws....

I'm still tempted for the brushless VXL

Ziggy

I've got a Firestorm and its given me no problems - can't say that I think the front end is made of plastercine!!

I think its a great 2wd truck. Actually I bought it to take on holiday with me this summer - absolutely fantastic snaking round the beach with the sand paddle tyres kicking up sand 6ft in the air :good: :good:

Like others have alluded to here - this looks like a brushless candidate.

Could break an engine with ease on sand.... but apart from that i dont think there is anything else you could break...

E-Firestorm is just something the designers thought up quickly after seeing the Rustler VXL i reckon :rolleyes: