• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

Damn:rolleyes:.....this one's  needs  good going over but it'll be  b fine. ..whats best to clean off years of fuel/grime. ....was thinking  battery acid possibly. ....or wil it damage  the ally...

Wurth brake cleaner[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big gaz said:

Any chance of a link fella? Need one of these for mine for the exact same reason :good:

he will do different sizes

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lipo-Charger-Stand-/272356017918?var=&hash=item3f69af06fe:m:m2tYGD7uyEQ53eGopS-ov7g

• Like 1

Much better with proper tyres. Now why doesn't Tamiya provide something similar as stock?  :017:

.              John

Agreed, I was more shocked at the "bearings" if you can call them that, that came with it, tighten the front wheels even remotely tight and they bind in the hubs, useless!

3 minutes ago, Burridge said:

Agreed, I was more shocked at the "bearings" if you can call them that, that came with it, tighten the front wheels even remotely tight and they bind in the hubs, useless!

That's why when anyone posts about buying a Tamiya kit everyone jumps in with "don't forget to buy proper bearings". ;)

John

• Like 2

7 hours ago, johninderby said:

That's why when anyone posts about buying a Tamiya kit everyone jumps in with "don't forget to buy proper bearings". ;)

John

RC Bearings. They'll have a kit for the kit lol

• Like 1

I'm really considering one of these. The Pajero version.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I'm really pleased with mine, didn't run into a single problem putting it together and the instructions are good. Doing the body was very fiddly but satisfying, took a day to build the car and another full day to do the body from uncut to fully finished.

Johninderby helped me out a lot with what it needs, like a full bearing kit from RC bearings and some chunky tires, £20 extra all in all

I'm really pleased with mine, didn't run into a single problem putting it together and the instructions are good. Doing the body was very fiddly but satisfying, took a day to build the car and another full day to do the body from uncut to fully finished.

Johninderby helped me out a lot with what it needs, like a full bearing kit from RC bearings and some chunky tires, £20 extra all in all

Thanks. Could you drop me a pm with the bearings and tyres? :D

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I've built four CC-01s and really like them. They might not be a very "modern" design but that doesn't seem to matter. Needs a few upgrades to make it run right but nothing major. I'd recommend building one.

John

I'm after another build now :lol: what do you think to the CR-01??

Opinions seem to be a bit mixed about the CR-01. Yes it's more of a crawler than the CC-01 but at the price there are other kits I'd recommend instead such as this one.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/vaterra-1-10-ascender-4wd-kit/rc-car-products/386803

John

Thanks again mate, yeah I've heard good things about the ascender, haven't done any reading on the cr01 though, what's the Tamiya high lift all about? Looks really cool, especially the hilux but not sure what would utilise the 3 speed gearbox?