• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

does anyones front wheels wobble when going backwards ???

again does any ones wheels wobble when In reverse ??? need to know I think its wrong ??

You need to give people more time to answer :yes: if no one answered your first post then maybe they don't have/seen that issue or want to comment.

Edited by stretch

Thinking of selling my firestorm as my son has got into racing minis and I fancy a go.

16mths old firestorm

Bought as brushed

Upgraded to ezrun 60a brushless setup with programming card

Runs on lipos ( I would supply 2 hard case turningy lipos)

Connectors changed to deans

Brand new rear tyres fitted

Worn ish front tyres

Brand new hpi v groove tyres fitted to brand new dish wheels supplied

I have removed the transmitter and receiver so that's all you would need.

Edited by The littlest hobo

• 2 weeks later...

i know i have seen this on here before but have just spent about 2 hours looking and cannot find any of then,

i am bored with the speed the efirestorm does out of the box what is the best spur and pinion gears i can got that will fit and will run faster?

i know i have seen this on here before but have just spent about 2 hours looking and cannot find any of then,

i am bored with the speed the efirestorm does out of the box what is the best spur and pinion gears i can got that will fit and will run faster?

what battery are you running?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

I managed to destroy my spur gear earlier this week, when my E-firestorm hit a curb and the motor slipped forward and the metal pinion gauged a ditch in the spur.  The spur also kind of melted too.  

So I know I need to replace the spur, but it occured to me that I may need to replace the slipper plates and pads.  It the further occured to me that I may need a different sized pinion.  

I'm running an Etronix Photon Sensorless Brushless 9T motor on the stock pinion and spur.

Any recommendations would be grand.  

My son was out with the firestorm yesterday at the local playing fields and hit a 2ltr bottle of water which was full at a good speed, now he thought this was funny until the car wouldn't respond after it, on inspection the esc has came loose and the 3 wires from the esc to receiver has snapped right at the esc. How would I go about fixing this?