• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's Hong Nor X3 Sabre E

.AJ.

That looks like a really nice bit of kit! LOVE those chassis braces! :sweeeet:

With it being Hong Nor you just know its going to take a serious beating too!

I was going to ask you what you plan to run in it but just saw your signature! She'll be a beast! :)

• Like 1

The only thing im slightly skeptical of, having one in front of me, is that the diffs seem so much more compact and weak looking to the old hong nors (even the spider gears inside look like their on a diet), Obviously to save weight and give better handling but i guess time will tell for the both of us if there as bulletproof as the old ones.

Last pics for now, im still waiting on a couple bits to finish the electrics, also Bez has a smaller spur for me to try, with the stock spur and motor mount im limited to running a 16t pinion which just isnt enough for a 1850kv on 4s for my liking

012-17.jpg

011-24.jpg

Decided im going to paint the shell myself and save a few quid over a pro job, something very bright is in order me thinks

010-30.jpg

:thumbsup:

• Like 3

This is a pure breed 4s Racer not a fat over weight Basher, so im pretty sure they will be fine, ive done a lot of research about this buggy over the last few weeks and cant say ive heard of any problems because of the compact size of the diff's :thumbsup: