• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Can you identify this KYOSHO?

Crispy

As far as wheels/tyres go, I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting any.

Best thing to do would be to take a wheel off and have a look at the mounting. If they use squares/hexes you may be able to fit wheels from a more modern buggy which you can get tyres for. Worst case scenario, if the shafts are 6mm then you could put FG squares on to mount Marder tyres or use adapters designed for fitting HPI Baja wheels on FG axles.

Thanks guys, i went thru the parts on ebay and vintage-kyosho.com but cant find the suspension.. I guess they don't make them for these anymore... Anybody know a suspension from another Petrol RC that would fit?

Thanks guys, i went thru the parts on ebay and vintage-kyosho.com but cant find the suspension.. I guess they don't make them for these anymore... Anybody know a suspension from another Petrol RC that would fit?

Wouldnt be suprised if most fit good.gif

If you are looking for shocks, fist thing you need to do is work out how long they need to be and what sort of connection you need top and bottom. Don;t mind measuring up the shocks I have to see if there is something that would fit.

The problem is the buggy is missing both of the front shocks so I would know what to measure unless i measure the rear ones but they are different surely..

tubedigger r u saying it would be better to try and keep it original as I was planning on fixing and using it..

hey mate my dad started out with one of them all the bits off an fg or simular will fit that with minor modding ;) and we got the robin engine sitting in the shed as we have fitted a CY motor to it too

• 2 weeks later...

it looks like your missing parts for the front shock tower assembly? meaning even with shocks in your hand you cant mount them?

Edited by Ibanez81

Sweet find,i think this is the car the Marder was "copied" from back in the mid 80`s :D

I had one of the first Marders fitted with the Robin engine,top stuff,worth rebuilding it for sure.

As many of the others have said,FG parts should get it up and running again,you might need to modify bits but it looks good from the pics.

MCD do a Lancia body that looks like the same wheelbase but not sure,i do have the MCD Lancia body and loads of Marder bits though,would be glad to help out if you need owt ;)

Wheels should be the FG square drive style.

cheers,

Simon.

• 7 months later...

Hello

I have just purchased this car from e-bay

Do you know where I can buy spare tyres

Also car is very dirty. Can I use jet wash to clean the car. Hope it will not damage

Any other tips or your help will be appreciated

I just love this car and hopefully will restore it

Thank you

Umesh

don't know about spare but if you remove electrics and wrap air filter in a bag you can jet wash it.

Just dry it off with compessor hair dryer or drip dry. Then give it a spray with wd40

• 3 years later...