• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pokemon what's that all about then ?

toys4x4boys

it's kind of soso.. anyone play the games, and which ones? whistling.gif

I'm addicted to the games, Seriously, IMO the best games ever! I dont care if its sad, The games are epic.

I'm playing White at the moment ;) What about you? Althought I'm so far through it now im bored. I got my starter to Level 100 Legit. I'm about 56 hours in, But its so awesome compared to the older generations, Although some of the new pokemon are a little questionable.

Zekrom FTW,

zekrom_fullsugimori.png

Edited by 19 Inch Guns

I'm addicted to the games, Seriously, IMO the best games ever! I dont care if its sad, The games are epic.

I'm playing White at the moment ;) What about you? Althought I'm so far through it now im bored. I got my starter to Level 100 Legit. I'm about 56 hours in, But its so awesome compared to the older generations, Although some of the new pokemon are a little questionable.

OMG IT'S THE BEST EVER biggrin.giflaugh.gif

Funny you say that, I'm in the middle of getting Black as we speak whistling.gif.

Started playing Platinum a week or so ago after a long break from Diamond. Really want HeartGold/SoulSilver but i don't fancy paying

Netcon. I'm playing White (legit japanesse copy) on a DS Lite fine, wont work on an I or XL though.

You should have said, I sold:

Diamond

Pearl

Platinum

For £10 each

And Heart Gold and Soul Silver for £15 each all boxed with manuals the other day.

Once you play the next gen, you cant go back to the old ones :(

No way! :o Would have had Heart & Soul off you :(

Might not play this till I 'finish' Platinum then!

Edited by Netcon

Scratch away the cutesy exterior and the games are very deep and rewarding, dare i say pretty hardcore too in some instances (proper hardcore, not generic "FPS hardcore" which involves spamming bullets everywhere and hoping to get lucky). I love Pokemon in a sense that i love the original games because to be quite honest, i hate the new stuff. The Pokemon themselves look a bit daft, like they are running out of ideas, and there is too much going on now. It's hard to remember how everything works, what each Pokemon does, or even what it is called!

I prefer the classic Red, Blue and Yellow versions. I've got Gold too, but after Gold/Silver i think the series went a little overboard on Pokemon and it became a mess. I would love a remake of the Red/Blue/Yellow with the original 151, or even one of Gold/Silver with their 251; the "remade" games like Fire Red or Soul Silver don't count as they are changed dramatically and have the newer Pokemon in them!

I want to play the most recent games but i find them ruined by their own mechanics and the insane amount of new (and frankly not well made) Pokemon they have. D:

Edited by thezeronumber

I prefer the classic Red, Blue and Yellow versions. I've got Gold too, but after Gold/Silver i think the series went a little overboard on Pokemon and it became a mess. I would love a remake of the Red/Blue/Yellow with the original 151, or even one of Gold/Silver with their 251; the "remade" games like Fire Red or Soul Silver don't count as they are changed dramatically and have the newer Pokemon in them!

I actually like the new games. I overplayed Red, Blue and Yellow as a kid so it's a nice change.

I thought Fire Red (and Leaf Green) was very similur to the first games (Red, Blue and Yellow)? I thought it was just the first 151 Pokemon in them? I suppose I haven't played Leaf Green or Fire Red in ages though!

Not played Soul Silver and Heart Gold 'yet'. Not even looked into them TBH!

But yeah, I'm hoping to pick up a cheap older Gameboy so I can pick up the old ones again! :P

Apparently the start revolves around the original 151 Pokemon and the original world too, but then splits off into the newer areas and Pokemon half-way through the story. There are 251 to collect in the game (i assume the 100 of those are from Gold/Silver) but it is considered 386 as you can trade them from other people. Not as bad as i thought it was, because at first i saw the 386 total and got put off from the start! Only now, after researching a little more, have i found it isn't the case.

I have a GBA, but it isn't backlit and is complete eye-rape in comparison to the DSi, so even if i could find and buy the FireRed/LeafGreen series i am not sure how i would get round to playing it. Hmm... A bit disappointed about that.

oh boy, game wise:

stadium 1&2 (n64)

coloseum (gamecube)

pinball

trading card game (tcg for short)

red

yellow

silver

gold

crystal

ruby

pearl

fire red

soul silver

the bold ones i have now, i got a gba sp for fire red, dsixl for the other 2.

i had 500 odd cards at one point (300 odd different types, pokemon etc, other 200 odd doubles) and i had serveral other products (pokedex, pokeball things etc)

ok so i was abit of a fan at one point, not so much now but i play them now and then, in fact i'm trying to get some of the older games back.

fire red and leaf green are the updated versions or red and blue (pokemon and graphics got changed) same with soal silver and heart gold with silver and gold.

at one point i knew more about pokemon than most of my mates combined :lol:

Apparently the start revolves around the original 151 Pokemon and the original world too, but then splits off into the newer areas and Pokemon half-way through the story. There are 251 to collect in the game (i assume the 100 of those are from Gold/Silver) but it is considered 386 as you can trade them from other people. Not as bad as i thought it was, because at first i saw the 386 total and got put off from the start! Only now, after researching a little more, have i found it isn't the case.

I have a GBA, but it isn't backlit and is complete eye-rape in comparison to the DSi, so even if i could find and buy the FireRed/LeafGreen series i am not sure how i would get round to playing it. Hmm... A bit disappointed about that.

Ah yeah, after the elite 4 i think it is that you gain access to the Gold/Silver/Crystal world?

Ebay have pretty much every Pokemon game!

I thought the DSi played GBA games? The DS Lite does.

In order to make room for other stuff and to generally make the DSi smaller, they removed the GBA slot/functionality. Which is a shame in my opinion as there are quite a few brilliant GBA games out there (Boktai for example). They should do what they did with the Wii Store: Make a back-catalogue so you can purchase and download all of the Game Boy games, be it the original Tetris in black and White, some stuff from Game Boy Colour, or the GBA. I think the Wii offers retro console games from the likes of Virtual Boy, Snes, Nes, Sega Megadrive, etc, so i don't see why they can't do something similar for the DSi!

Maybe they will, who knows. I'm just clutching at straws here because i really want to play FireRed/LeafGreen now and don't have a realistic option for doing so: Just tried looking at the GBA screen and i really cannot stand it for more than 2 minutes at a time. :(

Edited by thezeronumber

once you get into EV Training and base specs of Pokemon, its actually a very complicated game. ignoring all the cute characters, ITs actually fairly adult like when you get into serious training

With complicated and clever training, you can make some silly powerful pokemon!

once you get into EV Training and base specs of Pokemon, its actually a very complicated game. ignoring all the cute characters, ITs actually fairly adult like when you get into serious training

With complicated and clever training, you can make some silly powerful pokemon!

Exactly! As i said before, "Scratch away the cutesy exterior and the games are very deep and rewarding, dare i say pretty hardcore too in some instances". :D That said, i still think the newer stuff is not up to scratch and has gone over the top, both in the number of Pokemon and all of the content which quite frankly confuses battles.

And JamesChatz, i envy you. While i love my phone, it isn't capable of doing something as awesome as that. Of course, there are other emulators out there but i don't want to stray down that poorly lit road. It's either the right way or no way!